My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Yes, I am a nerd

Tonight, I watched ESPN. No, I did not develop a sudden love of all things sport-related. I was watching the 2006 National Scrabble Championship. I had no idea that such a thing existed until my dear, sweet boyfriend (who knows of my love of this game) called to tell me that it was on. Can I just say that it was damn exciting? I was feeling the pressure and I wasn't even in it. But hey, the winner did receive a $25,000 prize. Can you believe they reward people with that much money for being a champion Scrabble player? I love the game of Scrabble and I consider myself a fairly formidable opponent. . . when I'm playing with average players. I have a feeling that if I went up against these people, I would get my ass handed to me on a silver platter. If I ever came up with a 100-point word, it would be pure good luck. I'm just saying that watching this tournament had me on the edge of my seat. The fact that I got so excited by this game may make me a nerd, but I really don't care. I'm comfortable with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home