My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Niagara Falls baby!

Yesterday, we were so super excited to get up and head to dim sum for lunch. Mmm. . . dim sum. I miss Golden Port so, so, so much. I even have dirty dreams about it. Hey, don't judge me. We stuffed ourselves with spring rolls, dumplings, rice, chicken on a stick (yes, more food on a stick), and pork buns. It was so yummy and once again, I felt like throwing up after a meal. I really should stop eating so much. But where would the fun be in that?

After lunch, we headed to the Falls. We parked on the American side and walked the bridge over to the Canadian side. We didn't really want to hang out in America too much. Been there, done that. Laura and I had a bit of trouble walking over the bridge since we are both terrified of heights. Luke took snapshots of us the whole way across. Didn't really expect anything else from him. Canada was much prettier than America. The Falls were great and we went into a lot of cheesy tourist shops. Mmm. . . cheesy shops. They would have been better if they had been deep fried, too. After the Falls, we walked back across the border and shopped the outlets in America. Eh, they were only okay. I was just going wherever Luke and Laura told me to. You would think that we would have eaten enough greasy food, but no. We decided to go to Uno's for dinner (with Luke's lovely sister) and then we shopped at Barnes and Noble (don't I have enough books) and then went to Wegman's for food. Yes, food. I needed barbecue sauce and Laura and I both had a sudden craving for candy. I really am beginning to see a pattern with this trip.

We did manage to get some sleep last night and I have to say that my legs are incredibly sore today. After all the walking we've done in the past two days, I'm wiped. Today was a relatively quiet day. We went to several garage sales (where Laura and I bought even more books) and then we all had a nice lunch with Laura's cousin. She was really nice, but it would have been nicer if she had deep fried the sandwiches or something. Today is actually my one month anniversary with Boy Wonder and I did call him. I'm having a great time here, but I do miss him terribly. It sounds like he misses me, too. I know one month doesn't sound like much, but this is the most normal relationship I've ever been in and it's nice that I haven't done anything to screw it up yet. He said it's the most normal relationship he's ever been in, too. I did get him a little souvenir in the Falls to let him know I was thinking about him. Anyway, after the nice lunch with Laura's cousin, we went to Lake Ontario and walked around for a bit. We even played on the swingsets for a while. That was fun. . . and a good workout. It made all of us relive our childhoods a bit. Now we're hanging out at Luke's place for a bit and soon, we will be headed to a movie with his friends, Jake and Rachel. We're going to see "Snakes on a Plane." Luke says it's funny, but we'll see. I just have to wonder: how do you get snakes past security? I will keep you posted. I know that inquiring minds want to know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you go? I miss you.

September 11, 2006 12:09 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

I'm here! I've just gone a little crazy.

September 15, 2006 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home