My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Friday, August 25, 2006

Every food should come in stick form

I'm in Rochester! Woo-hoo. . . don't know if I should laugh or cry about it. But since my flight got in so late last night, Laura says I missed the orgy. After hearing that, what else could I do but cry? I slept the entire flight over here. Seriously, did you really expect anything else from me? I was tired. When I got in, we quickly got my luggage and went off for midnight margaritas and half-price appetizers. Yeah, I really have to do this town when I'm drunk. Everything is much funnier. We went off to our respective beds. Yeah, I drew the short straw and wound up sleeping with Luke. I tried to make the most of it by some late night fondling, but he was having none of that. He fell off the bed trying to get away from me. Bastard. Oh well, I like Boy Wonder much better anyway. And Luke and Laura insist on calling him Wonder Bread. Whatever, I love him either way.

Today, we went off to the State Fair in Syracuse. Holy smokes, can people fry a lot of food. You could get everything fried: twinkies, brownies, cheesecake, oreos. . . and if you felt like going healthy, you could get some fried broccoli. Yum. I had so much food. Hotdogs, nachos, cheese, fried oreos, and cheesecake on a stick. Damn, I love food on a stick. I love food that's deep fried. Did I mention that we ate a lot. We spent six hours walking the fair, eating food, looking at all the animals (and wishing we could deep fry some of them), and we just had a merry old time. We won lots of free stuff and spun a bunch of wheels. I got some pretty sweet things. I also won a pig because some woman couldn't guess my weight correctly. She said I had junk in my trunk. Ha. My boyfriend loves my junk, thank you very much.

After all that walking, we went to Luke's Aunt Deb's house to talk and generally make fun of Luke. Ahhh, good times, good times. There were peanut butter cookies. Seriously. . . more food. After all that food and laughter, we decided we STILL hadn't had enough to eat, so we headed to Jay's Diner and then to Wendy's for some vanilla frosties. Now, as I sit here exhausted and with a bloated stomach, I just have to wonder: Can one person really eat too many fried foods? Nah, what a silly question.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

But what a blast!

August 25, 2006 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home