My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

First Fight

So Boy Wonder and I had our first fight yesterday. Yeah, it was bound to happen sooner or later. It was all about the spending the night thing. It started out innocent enough when he asked if there was anything he could do to make me happy. Apparently, he's in the business of making me happy. Sweet and a little bit sickening, yes I know. But I love him for it. I was honest and told him that the fact that he won't spend the night with me is a sore spot. But other than that, I'm all good. Then, he started backtracking and said that he does want to spend the night with me and that I can sleep over whenever I want. Seriously, what the hell? We got into a fight because I felt like he was saying and doing two different things. Actually, he was saying two different things and I had to idea what the hell he wanted or what was going on. We were discussing it over yahoo messenger and I told him that I didn't want to talk about it at that moment and that I was a little pissed off at him. Being the great boyfriend that he is, he went outside at work so that he could call me and we could straighten everything out. We did eventually resolve everything. His excuse was that boys are stupid. But he can only use that excuse once. He did say that he loves me and wants to be with me. So I guess we're cool now. We survived our first fight and there was no screaming or punches being thrown. I think we handled it rather well. He's an easygoing guy though, so whenever we do fight, I don't think it's going be horrible and traumatic. He seems like he's a good communicator so that's good. I do love him. But it's weird because this is happening so incredibly fast. I'm starting to have doubts and I think it's just because I've never felt like this. So this is all new to me. It feels right, but I'm just wondering: how do you know when you have found IT? When you have found someone that you love enough to spend the rest of your life with? It's so confusing. I just want to make sure I'm not making the wrong decision. I'm resisting the urge to run in the opposite direction. Honestly, that's my first instinct just because I'm afraid of getting hurt. But I guess I just have to take a giant leap of faith and go for it. I'm just no good at faith. Really, ask anyone.

Onto a different subject. . . yes, it's okay to breathe a huge sigh of relief. I am leaving tomorrow to visit Luke and I am so excited. Laura is even coming and that is going to be awesome because I haven't seen her since her wedding. And even then, we didn't get to hang out that much because of all the craziness. So I'm really looking forward to spending time with her. There is only one fly in the ointment. I looked at the weather and apparently, it's going to rain the ENTIRE time that I'm there. Seriously, what the hell? I am not kidding when I say that my last THREE trips to Rochester have been filled with rainy days. Just about the entire time I'm there is rainy and cloudy. It really sucks when you're going during the summer and you want to do things outdoors. I don't know why the rain follows me, but it seems as if I am cursed. And it has been raining off and on in Georgia for several days now. I have a feeling that the second I leave on a plane for Rochester, the clouds and rain will miraculously disappear. Stupid weather. But I guess as long as I am with my friends, we'll still have tons of fun. Can't wait!

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

hey! don't worry about the weather! we'll still have a great time.

And who are you? Carrie Bradshaw with your Sex & the City question asking self? That made me laugh. See you tonight!

August 23, 2006 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home