My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Phobias

Maury Povich sucks. I mean, his show has no entertainment value at all. Every time I see a commercial for his show, it's about a baby that's 500 pounds and the mother can't do anything about it (he's 2: he eats vegetables or he doesn't eat) or they have the women who have given five different men paternity tests and still don't know who the father is (note to all stupid sluts: please go to the nearest condom aisle of Wal-Mart immediately. we don't need any more of your kind). The latest episode of Maury actually involved phobias. Not just any phobia either. . . pickles. Seriously, pickles? The way this woman talked, it sounded like a skit straight from SNL because it was so freaking hilarious. Pickles have ruined her life and she has always been teased because of this phobia. In the studio, they bring out a huge platter of pickles and she starts (no lie) running and screaming throughout the studio while they are following her with the pickles. And I thought my phobia of escalators was weird. At least I don't run screaming every time I see one. Could you imagine the looks I would get at the mall?

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I haven't watched Maury in years but it does seem like he has the same topics every single day. And I always loved the shots of the possible fathers who were waiting outside the studio while the lady was giving her sob story. Does Maury still wear those v-neck sweaters all the time?

October 26, 2006 12:29 PM  
Blogger Lala said...

I saw a clip from that on youtube. Insanity.

You can get people to pretend a lot of things for tv tiime.

Ah crazy sad people.

What is the world coming to?

October 26, 2006 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home