My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Grown up stuff and sporty stuff

This week, I had my interview with the place that I hope to be doing my practicum at. Yikes. I am kind of terrified at doing this. Can you imagine? Someone's healthcare will be in my hands? But I'm excited, too because I will finally be doing what I want to be doing. I interviewed at a place called the Highland Institute of Behavioral Change. They counsel sex offenders. Yes, that is what I want to do. And no, I'm not going to explain my reasons behind my decision anymore. It's too much. All I'm going to say is they need help just as much as the next person. Anyway, the woman who interviewed me seemed to like me. She liked the fact that I did seek out this type of population and that I seemed to want to do this after graduation. She also liked the fact that I had experience doing rape crisis and working at a battered women's shelter. She said that this would probably give me a different perspective that I could offer the clients. Talking to her did make me get even more excited about doing this. I'm starting to look forward to it. It'll be great. They have to interview someone else for the same position. They would like to have us both, but she said that she wasn't sure if she would have enough work for us both. I should hear something by the middle of this week. Wish me luck. If I don't get this, I'll have to interview somewhere else and I'll probably end up doing something I don't want to do. So we'll see.

Thursday, I went to my very first hockey game. I've always wanted to go to one and Boy Wonder had bought us tickets several weeks ago. I would just like to say that I am totally hooked on the game now. It was awesome watching the men wrestle each other over this little black puck. It's just a fun game to watch live. There is so much energy. The Atlanta Thrashers actually lost in overtime (it was tied for a while), but it was still a good game. They played well. I do like some sports, but I hate watching them on TV. It's so boring. Yesterday, Boy Wonder and I went to Alabama to watch an Auburn football game (he went to school there). Football isn't my favorite sport, but watching it live is fun. There was a lot of passion at that game as well. Auburn pretty much got their asses kicked and the fans were getting a little mad about it, to say the least. I can understand why because it did seem like they just weren't trying. But some fans were just getting really mad. And it was only a game after all. There was this one guy sitting in front of us and he was cussing at the players and trying to tell them how to play. It was funny. I forgot about the fact that we'd be sitting in the sun for several hours and I was wearing a tank top. I do have a little bit of a sunburn today. Can you believe it? A sunburn in October. Craziness. Boy Wonder and I had fun on our road trip to Alabama and he showed me a couple of the places he lived when he was in college. The campus was really pretty. He would have shown me around campus more, but game day was nuts. Over 87,000 people were in the stands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home