My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Noble Idiot

I've decided I'm going to stop telling people what I want to do with my life. Every time I tell people I want to counsel sex offenders, I get one of two responses: either I am doing some great, noble thing or I am an idiot who is wasting my time. Frankly, I don't think I am either of those things. I don't consider myself noble as I am just doing what needs to be done and if I thought I was wasting my time, well then. . . let's just say that's a LOT of student loan money wasted. I also get the inevitable questions: Why are you doing it? Do you really think they can change? Actually, I am doing it just so I can have this very conversation. No, I don't think they can change. I just think it's cool to spend the rest of my life convincing everyone else that I do. Ha. Joke's on them. From now on, maybe I'll tell people I've decided to join the circus. It would certainly attract less attention.

On a happier note, Boy Wonder and I celebrated three beautiful months together on Thursday. Aren't we just so cute that it makes you want to throw up a little? It is three months people. . . I mean, come on. . . that's 25% of an entire year! We didn't really do anything special. I had Spanish class til 8:30, then headed to his place. He had bought dinner and had it ready for me. It was my favorite dish at "our" restaurant: shrimp wrapped in bacon stuffed with cheese and peppers. I know what you're thinking. What better way to celebrate our love than with 4000 calories? I couldn't agree more. He also bought me a bottle of wine. How sweet. I know he just wants to get me drunk. He should know by now that he doesn't have to buy an entire bottle. One glass will do the trick. It's been a good 3 months though. I love him so much. And having a boyfriend didn't effect my grades too much since I did get an A on the class that just ended this week. Excellent.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Congratulations on scoring a keeper!

November 01, 2006 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home