My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Sunday, August 13, 2006

My Boyfriend's Back!!

Yay! Boy Wonder is back in town and I am back to my old, happy-go-lucky self. We saw each other yesterday and I don't think we stopped hugging for fifteen minutes. It felt so good to see him again. I didn't think it was possible to miss someone this much. And last night. . . he did it. He told me he loved me for the first time. I am so deliriously happy. It just felt right. I can't believe how fast things are moving. He's already talking about wanting me to move to Marietta with him. I'm not sure just how serious he is, but THAT would be quick, right? But I have this thing where I won't move in with a guy before we get married. I know it sounds old-fashioned, but that's just how I feel and I told him that. I just think if we move in together, then it will be easy for us to just live together for who knows how long before he finally pops the question. It's so tempting though. But I think if he did seriously want me to move in with him right now, that would be moving a little fast for me, even if I didn't feel the way I did about it. We haven't even introduced each other to our friends yet. He says he needs to and wants to so that nerve-wracking test will come soon. Truth be told, we haven't even had sex yet. I know. Shocking, isn't it? But neither one of us wanted to jump into anything, so we've been holding back, which has been very, very, very, very hard. Did I mention how hard it's been? I guess I have more willpower than I thought. I'm actually a little nervous about it. This will be the first time that I will be with someone that I actually love. Well I was in love with Robert, but he didn't love me back so that doesn't count. This will be so much better. I just know it.

Okay, and my HPV virus that I had last year. . . apparently, my wonderful, wonderful immune system has cleared it out of my body so it's no longer there. Halleujah. I went to the doctor and they confirmed it. Is it wrong that I never told Boy Wonder that I got anything? I mean, it is in the past, it's gone so it shouldn't have any effect on us now. I think we'll just let sleeping dogs lie with that one. He doesn't have to know my entire medical history, does he?

All I know is that I'm happy and in love and I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you! This is great. This is wonderful. I think you are doing the exactly right thing by just following what's in your heart and communicating that to him. Sounds like he's willing to listen too, which is big points for him!

YAY

August 13, 2006 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey -- congratulations! I can't wait to hear everything. . . You are still coming to Rochester, right? ;-)

August 15, 2006 6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey -- congratulations! I can't wait to hear everything. . . You are still coming to Rochester, right? ;-)

Laura

August 15, 2006 6:09 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Laura,

Of course I'm still coming to Rochester. I can't wait to see you and Luke!! I miss you guys like crazy.

August 16, 2006 8:03 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Awww... so sappy I just have to smile. :)

August 17, 2006 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home