My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Saturday, July 29, 2006

First Date. . . or 30th?

I am kind of floating on a cloud right now and it's all thanks to Leather Boy. Actually, I call him Boy Wonder. That's my nickname for him. He has one for me too. It's G. Don't ask. They're just inside jokes. I guess you can tell that our first date on Wednesday went really well. I was extremely nervous because I wanted it to go well. Things have gone so well for us on the phone and I didn't want to screw it up. He brought me presents, which I thought was really sweet. There was a book that he had told me about on a previous phone call, called Stupid and Contagious. He bought me that book, along with another hilarious book, called This Book will Change your Life. He said that since we have been talking on the phone so much, the presents totally brought us up to date# 30. Ha. I like his math. It's funny how all the nervousness just went away within five minutes and then we were joking and laughing as if we were on the phone with each other. After dinner, we went back to my place and just hung out and watched TV. And no. . . nothing happened. Nothing beyond kissing. We are taking things slow with the whole sex thing. For the first time, I want to do this right. Even though it seems we've known each other forever, I still want to wait a little bit before taking that step. He actually agrees with me.

We have been talking and emailing ever since then. We couldn't talk Thursday night because I did go out with Seth. Seth and I had fun catching up and we saw The Breakup, which was a really cute and funny movie. It didn't necessarily end how I thought it was going to, but it was still good. I felt like a giddy schoolgirl because I could not stop thinking about Boy Wonder. He actually gave me a wake-up call on Friday morning, which was really nice. Also, on Friday night, we spoke and had a long conversation about past relationships and monogamy and basically, this is it. I don't mean to suggest that we are headed to the altar anytime soon or that I know he is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with for sure. But I do know that we are committed to not seeing other people. I am so happy right now. I love how he makes me feel and I like that he can be completely open about how he feels about me. We have this amazing connection. He said that he feels like he finally found someone that he can make an eharmony commercial with. Isn't that sweet?

We did have our 2nd real time date last night and we had just as much fun as the first one. Who knew that I could feel this much this fast? I just hope that I don't do anything to screw it up. We are just so completely in sync with each other that he actually worries the same thing. But I think we can both relax. He keeps talking about the future and future plans and we even have a song now. Really, if I sound too much like a giggling, lovesick teenager, just reach through the computer and slap me upside the head. I almost want to slap myself. Whatever. . . I'm just going to enjoy the moment.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cynthia! I am so happy for you -- you sound really happy. And Boy Wonder/Leather Boy sounds great. I can't wait to hear how it goes!

And of course I want you to be happy, no matter what. Keep us posted! :-D

Laura

July 30, 2006 6:16 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Thank you, Laura. I am happy. I don't think I've ever felt this way before, so pardon me if I do go on and on and on and on just a little bit. . . but thank you for your good wishes. You know I will keep you posted!

July 30, 2006 8:36 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

Awww.. puppy love. Or kitty love? Whatever it is, I'm happy for you. He sounds sweet!

July 31, 2006 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home