My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Monday, July 24, 2006

Blissful

Well, I the past few days have been really nice. I did have a date on Friday. It was a coffee date with European Count. We talked for a while. I don't know if I'll hear from him again and honestly, I'm not sure if I want to. There were several things that irked me about him. But actually, he reminded me a lot of Robert. That really bothered me. So if he did ask me out again, I don't think I'll do it. Even though I generally like to give a guy at least three dates before writing him off.

Anyway, I have been having quite the relationship via phone with a guy that I met on eharmony. I think I'll call him. . . . Leather Boy. Don't even ask about that one. We talked on the phone for the first time last Thursday and we talked for two hours. He's funny and smart and seems really interesting. Then we IM'd each other from work the next day and basically talked all day long. . . yeah, that's 8 hours. And last night, we had a good 3 1/2 hour conversation. You would think that we would run out of things to talk about, but we haven't yet. He works for the military and we both think the same way about a lot of things. We crack each other up constantly. It's great. Today, he said that I was like a drug. He compared me to crack. He seems to find me funny and smart and exciting, which is cool. I find him extremely interesting as well. He asked me to get together with him. We haven't even met yet, so this seems a bit crazy. We have plans for this Saturday, but he said that he can't wait that long to meet me. So we're going to try to meet sometime this week. I'm a little nervous, as is he. I think this could turn into something, but I'm afraid to get my hopes up. We haven't even met yet, so we both know that anything can still happen. I am still emailing a couple of other guys, but honestly none of them are packing the same spark that this one is. But I have the tendency to drop others once one shows a little promise. I'm trying hard not to do that, especially since we haven't even had one date yet. So we shall see.

Believe it or not, my life is not all about guys right now. Tomorrow night, I am getting together with an old friend that I haven't seen in months and we haven't had a chance to really hang out in a year. We used to work together at Coca-Cola and she's awesome. Frankly, since Kim dropped me and Cindy is in L.A., I need a girl's night out. It will be nice to have some girl talk and catch up with her. So much has happened in both of our lives since last we spoke. Last time we had dinner, I had just broken up with Robert (so I was majorly depressed) and I had just lost my job. I'm also trying to get in touch with Seth to see if he will go see Mama Mia with me this week. It's only here for a couple of days, I really want to see it, and Seth is the only person I know who likes musicals like me. Of course, Seth has spent the last two days with his boyfriend so I haven't been able to talk to him. I haven't seen Seth since Gay Pride. I did tell Leather Boy that the day I'm able to see him this week depends on the day that Seth is able to see the play with me. So I am totally committed to not blowing off plans to be with him, especially since I haven't seen Seth in so long. But I am really excited about meeting this guy. Oh man, something tells me I am in trouble.

2 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

I should check to see if there are any musicals in late August when you're coming up!

July 25, 2006 8:16 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

That would be awesome! I can't wait to see you. . . I'm counting the days!

July 27, 2006 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home