My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Sunday, July 09, 2006

So sleepy

This weekend was a good one. I went out to dinner with my family on Friday. I hadn't been out with them in a while. Other than one racist comment from my uncle, I had a decent time. Except for the fact that I was sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. I am such a girl. I hadn't heard from World Traveler since Wednesday and I was starting to wander what was going on. I did work on Friday night and of course, I couldn't concentrate. Got off at 7 am, went home and slept. . . or should I say, I tossed and turned. I did sleep for several hours though. It's weird. Dating someone for three weeks and it's getting to the point where not hearing from him causes my stomach to knot up. What's even worse is that I have no idea how he feels about me. He did contact me Saturday afternoon. He wanted to get together. Okay, so theoretically I should have said no. That's according to every single dating advice book out there. But who am I kidding? I have yet to follow a single rule with this guy from the start. We did have fun. We just hung out at his place. He made dinner, I kicked his ass in Scrabble, and he taught me how to dance. He taught me the basics of the waltz, the fox trot, and the tango. That was fun.

Seriously, I hate dating. I want to skip this whole uncertainty phase and just be married already. I don't know if he's the one or not (if such a person exists). I know we have great chemistry, we have a lot in common, we have fun together, and he makes me laugh. I could see myself with him long-term, but the problem is that I have no idea how he feels. He knows that I am seeing other people and it doesn't seem to affect him that much. Or maybe it does and he just isn't showing it. I know he isn't seeing anyone else. Ugh. . . dating is such a roller coaster. Up, down, up, down. I am going to talk to him about things soon though. Like whether he sees any long-term potential in me or not. If he doesn't, then it's better that I know now. Before I get anymore invested than I already am. I can't continue to date someone who sees me as nothing more than someone to hang out with and sleep with. I learned that from Robert. Look at me. I'm growing. What the hell?

The Keys to Your Heart

You are attracted to good manners and elegance.

In love, you feel the most alive when your lover is creative and never lets you feel bored.

You'd like to your lover to think you are loyal and faithful... that you'll never change.

You would be forced to break up with someone who was insecure and in constant need of reassurance.

Your ideal relationship is open. Both of you can talk about everything... no secrets.

Your risk of cheating is zero. You care about society and morality. You would never break a commitment.

You think of marriage as something that will confine you. You are afraid of marriage.

In this moment, you think of love as something you thirst for. You'll do anything for love, but you won't fall for it easily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home