My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

In over my head

Well, I knew that dating was exhausting and I was right. I'm not sure how things are going with World Traveler. I guess it depends on who you would ask. Things seem to be going great. . . on the surface. We had three dates last week. That's right, three. He calls when he says he will. He calls when I'm not expecting him to. Things might be moving a little fast. Of course, we're not exclusive by a long shot and I'm sure he's fine with that. I'm definitely cool with taking it one day at a time. However, I'm not sure he's "long-term" material. But how many more dates should I give him before I can trust my gut instinct and call it quits? I'm really bad about that. He's funny and smart and we have great chemistry. There are just a couple of nagging things that I'm not sure about. I just don't know if I'm being too picky or if these are genuine things to be concerned about. Or maybe it really is too early to tell. Or maybe I'm just overanalyzing way too damn much. We're actually going on an overnight trip to the mountains tomorrow night. A mini-vacation of sorts. I guess we'll see how that trip goes. I just think I need to make a decision before I get too emotionally invested and it gets harder to let go. But I won't make the same mistake I made with Robert. If I know it's not going to work out long-term, I'm letting go.

It had been a while since I had heard from Doc, so I was beginning to wander if maybe I had misjudged our date. But then he emailed me and said that he just got busy with work and he definitely wanted to go out with me again. So I shot him another email and told him to call me and we could try to set something up. I guess that's just the life of a doctor. I also have a date with another guy that I'll call Math Tutor this Saturday night. I know, I know. I'm a busy girl. I'm trying to keep myself that way. I need to evaluate all my options here. I'm trying to make other plans so that World Traveler doesn't take me for granted. He wanted to take me out last minute tonight, but I told him I had other plans. That wasn't a lie. He assumes I'm dating someone else, which of course I am (just not tonight). It's hard to tell if he's jealous or not. I swear. Men are so confusing. I think I am just a little in over my head. I usually am where men are concerned.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

WOW!

You go on with your bad self!!

I hadn't read your blog in only like 2 weeks and look at all the freaking shit you have goin on! I'm so excited for you. Can I live vicariously through you for awhile? I'm exhausted right now. :)

June 27, 2006 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home