My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Getting back on that damn horse. . .

I had my first date in almost a year. Can I just say that I was petrified? Maybe petrified isn't exactly the right word. . . or maybe it is. Hell, I don't know. All I know is that I don't think I have had this many butterflies in my stomach since I was 21 and young and stupid. I still consider myself young, just not so stupid. Maybe I just haven't had a date in so long that I've forgotten what first-date butterflies are like. In any case, I met Med Student guy on Thursday and he's actually not a med student; he's a doctor. So we'll upgrade his nickname to Doc. Catchy, I know. He was really late because of traffic. He was considerate though and called me. I was understanding because hey, if anyone knows what Atlanta traffic is like in rush hour, it's me. So we meet and I forget to be nervous. He asks me questions, I ask him questions. I'm trying hard not to monopolize the conversation, but he's making it hard because he seems so damn interested. We had pho, which was delicious. He had never had it before and he really liked it. We hit it off really well. There weren't really any awkward silences or anything like that. It's hard to tell if there's chemistry, but it's only our first date. I'm 97% sure there's going to be 2nd one. He did mention taking me out for Thai food (to a specific restaurant) and we were even trying to pin down a specific date before we left the restaurant. It's kind of hard with my schedule so I think he's going to call. But I'm not going to obsess. With this whole dating thing, I can't take things personally. Guys are going to call or they won't. It may be me or it may not. In the meantime, I'm going to keep up my "volume dating." But it's exhausting continuously search for guys on these damn sites. Not to mention expensive.

I have made a decision about my search criteria. I think I may actually let up on the one about dating a guy with kids. I was thinking about my deal breakers when it comes to guys I am going to be in a long term relationship with and I was thinking about whether that should be one of them or not. Anyone have an opinion on that one? When I have children, I had already decided that I am not going to biologically give birth to any children anyway. I am just going to adopt. So as long as the guy is willing to expand his family, that should be good enough, right? I'm still thinking about my criteria for distance. How far is too far? I mean, let's face it. I'm not going to be in Georgia forever anyway. But I am going to be here for the next year and a half. Do I want to do long distance? Decisions, decisions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

If you want kids, but don't want to have kids, I guess that you could let up on that criteria. However, there is probably a mom in the picture, so they will never really be your kids.

Sounds like things went good with Doc.

June 19, 2006 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home