My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Odds and Ends

I am in a much better mood today. I worked out with the "Slim in 6 video" again today despite the fact that my legs were still sore. Seriously, two days of soreness from a 20 minute workout? You know it's gotta be good. I did do nearly half an hour today, so I'm working my way through it. Give me time, it is a 78 minute workout. I'll work up to doing the whole thing.

I booked my flight to Bahamas. I decided to buy the ticket for there instead of using all of my free flights I got from Wendy's. That way, I will still have free flights for when I fly to Rochester and maybe to L.A. After I use my free flights for San Francisco, I'll still have two free one-way trips left. I may use one of them for Rochester and one for L.A. That way, I won't have to pay as much. I want to go to Rochester to see Luke in late May for the Lilac Festival, but I don't know if work will allow me to. I'll try to go sometime this summer though. Luke needs to take more decent pictures of me seeing as how he slacked off on that while he was here. I swear, first he slacks off being in charge of my sunglasses and then he slacks off on his picture-taking job. Oy. Oh well. I'm just going to Rochester for the incredible Dim Sum anyway. Hehe.

My migraines are really making me mad. Luckily, they've eased off a little in the past few days but they're still there. I got one last night and I was feeling bad earlier. My application for health insurance is still being reviewed and it might be 2 weeks before I even find out if I'm approved. I'm thinking of buying my medication online. It'll probably be $100 or more, but it's my health, right? So maybe I should do it and that will get me through until I get my insurance approved. Seriously, I hate being an adult. Teri Hatcher's character on Desperate Housewives got married to get health insurance. Right now, I'm thinking that might not be such a bad idea. Really, you think I'm kidding but the more I think about it the more I realize it could solve all my problems. A marriage in name only for health insurance? What could go wrong with that?

5 Comments:

Blogger Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

Giirrrrl! YOU KNOW that I am feelin' you. I'm sorry you've been in that pain. What kind of meds to you take (or prefer to take if you can pay for them)? I find that Imitrex/Maxalt/Relpax (same class of meds) are the BEST to nip one in the bud, even after it starts. Painkillers are cheaper and OBVIOUSLY use with caution, but they do work when used appropriately. Probably hard to get online though. Good luck.

March 03, 2006 12:45 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

I'll marry you! I have health insurance!

March 03, 2006 1:06 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Oh Luke, don't toy with my emotions. I really need a husband! You're probably kidding and I'm serious. Besides, didn't you say that you didn't want to ever get married? :)

March 03, 2006 8:00 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Aintneverscared,

I am supposed to be on Topamax and Frova. I actually get migraines without the headache, so things are a little more difficult. I get so dizzy that I can barely walk, I have trouble with my vision, I get nausceous, my speech gets slurred, and there are several other things as well. Because I don't get the headache and because I get so many, I have to take preventive medication. So I take Topamax every single day. Or at least I'm supposed to. Hopefully, I'll find some kind of solution soon and get some medication! I know that you feel my pain though. Not many people do.

March 03, 2006 8:07 PM  
Blogger Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

Ooooh, the migraine without the pain!!! I have HAD that phenomenon. It's scary, especially when you don't know what it is. I tried Topamax, but it didn't work for me. I hear it helps a lot though, so good luck. Frova is a form of the drug I take; my insurance just wouldn't cover that particular one. It's fabulous though, so good luck with everything.

March 04, 2006 1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home