My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Monday, February 27, 2006

One Fish, Two Fish, Green Fish, Blue Fish

Luke: "You have to put these quotes in your blog. When I self-quote, it's like masturbating in public."

Another fabulous day with the Luke-meister. Luke actually woke up before me today, which was weird. He must have had a nightmare about the movie. Poor baby. I offered to cuddle with him, but he would have none of that. Hehe. This morning, I went outside to get something out of my car and I came back with a dog. It was a very cute dog (my dad called it ugly) and we had no idea who it belonged to. My dad said it was the neighbor's. Luke said we should just eat it (poor dog, I hope he didn't hear that). This did lead to Luke critizing me for not knowing my neighbors had a dog. Seriously, I've only had neighbors for 6 months! Man, maybe I'll hang out with them from now on and ignore Luke. That'll show him! Hehe.

We hung around a little bit (meaning Luke was screwing around on his computer) and then headed off to lunch. I have to say that at this point in the day, Luke was irritating me. How hard is it to remind someone when they have their sunglasses on before they go inside? I gave him one job. I swear, it was all I could do to not take him to the airport right then and there. :) We ate at this BBQ place called Spiced Right. It was a very southern and simple atmosphere. The pork was delicious as were the homemade french fries. It was probably the best barbecue I've had in a long time.

Then we headed off to the world's largest aquarium. I'm sure that those of you who live in other states are so jealous. :) You have to make reservations for this thing at least a week in advance and I had made ours two weeks ago. Since I have a season pass, I get in for free. Woo-hoo! The aquarium was great and very fun. There was a lot of fish and whales and sharks, etc. We got to touch some sting rays. They were very slimy. But I tried not to judge them too much for that. After the aquarium, Luke and I went to the dollar movies and saw "Wolf Creek." I had never seen the advertisements for that movie, but the poster suggested it was a horror movie so we were game. I mean, it's not as if we haven't seen enough scary movies this trip, right? The movie was very suspenseful and a little gory. There was a lot of blood. Can you believe that there were some parents who brought their three-year-old daughter to the movie? Unbelievable. Only in Georgia.

Then we went to eat at a Thai restaurant. It was very good. I asked for them to make it as spicy as they could and that might have been a mistake. I think I FINALLY found something that was too spicy for me to eat. It is time to hang my head in shame. I am so disgusted with myself. Oh well. I needed ice cream after that. We went to Target to pick up blank CD's and DVD's for Luke and me. Luke was on his phone the entire time. Seriously dude, take a BREAK. So rude. Hehe. Then we went to Sonic. We had hot fudge cake sundaes. Mmmm, mmmm good. Now we're just hanging out and getting ready for Luke's departure tomorrow. :( I'm eating a midnight snack of leftover turkish meatballs, hummus, and pita bread. I have way too many leftovers from this weekend. Oy.

Luke just informed me of Alabama changing their state fruit to the peach. What the hell? Copycats trying to be like us. They will never be like us. Georgia is still the best damn peach state ever. Alabama is just a cheap imitation. Dammit. I wish I had known about this. I would have boycotted or protested or something. That just freakin ruined my night. I'll be dreaming of peaches tonight. . . that, and attacking Alabama representatives for daring to do such a thing. I hate Alabama more than I hate Texas. And that's a lot. Okay, now I have to go calm Luke down because smoke is coming out of his ears from a semi-religious episode of South Park. It's going to be hard when I'm all fired up now, too. And my smoke alarm appears to be broken so we're in serious trouble.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

That just isn't RIGHT! Georgia IS the peach state, that's final (I have two good friends from there). Can a state have a duplicate state fruit anyway? I wonder if we have one in Illinois? What the hell could it be? Maybe those little, sour crab apples that birds eat and puke up on the sidewalks in the summer. Girl, you were right when you said I need to do some research on my state. Well, if it ever comes up for appeal, I will be happy to aid in the protest. Georgia=Peach. You can't change equations! What next? E=mc3?

February 27, 2006 11:38 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Thanks for the support. I couldn't believe it either. I also found out that Alabama already had a state fruit. They adopted the blackberry as their fruit in 2004. Now they want peaches? Ha. Our peaches are the best. They're nuts. Anyway, you should research your state. It's cool to find different things about it that you didn't know before. I may wind up in Chicago one day and if I ever do, I expect an experienced tour guide. :)

February 28, 2006 12:35 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Those Alabamans can't seem to make up their mind. Georgia = peaches.

My husband can never get enough spicy food either.

February 28, 2006 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home