My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Friday, February 10, 2006

Did you miss me?

I know it's been a while since my last post. Forgive me. But something happened to my laptop in that the wireless connection suddenly stopped working. So I haven't had a lot of access to Internet at home. I have used it at Kim's place, but it's hard to find time to blog with two toddlers clinging on you all day. It's 7:50 am and they're asleep right now. Thank goodness. They never sleep this late. I'm hoping they stay asleep at least as long as it takes me to publish this post.

Not a lot has been going on. . . Seth and I went to see Brokeback Mountain last weekend. It was good, but sad. Seth just wanted to see it because Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal totally get it on. Who am I kidding? I wanted to see it too. :) And it was totally hot. It would have been even better if these five people sitting behind us (all adults, mind you) hadn't been talking the ENTIRE movie. I'm not kidding. It was a two hour movie and they were silent for about ten minutes of it. They had to discuss every plot point amongst themselves and one even said, "He's disturbed." because of the whole gay thing. If they felt that way about gay people, why on earth would you come see the damn thing? I was too chicken to actually be quiet. I did give them dirty looks and there was a girl sitting in the same row as them who told them to shut up. Didn't help.

I finally finished and turned in my Ethics paper. Yay! Thank you to Effin Nobody, who helped me to edit my paper. There were some others as well. It really helped me a lot. I'll probably get it back in another week, so we'll see how I did.

I had my job interview yesterday. I can never tell how I do at these things, so I have no idea if I'm getting the job. Hopefully, I will. I could really use it. I'll know about that next Tuesday or Wednesday.

My best friend from CA as called me several times this week. I miss Cindy (and L.A.) so much and I can tell that she misses me. She keeps begging me to hurry and finish school so that I can move out there. Last Saturday, she called me at 1:00 in the morning (my time) and we talked for two hours. She was upset and needed someone to talk to. I'm glad she called. Cindy's not the type who usually asks for help. But I think I made her feel better just by listening. And then we started laughing and reminiscing about old times. She called me Monday night as well. That night, we ended up talking for 3 1/2 hours. Good times, good times.

By the way. . . since my laptop is in the shop right now, I do not have access to people's blogs that I had saved in my Favorites. So if I go a while without reading or commenting on your blog, don't take it personally. That's why. If you comment on my blog, I'll be much more able to click on the link and catch up on your blog. Otherwise, I'll just have to wait till my computer gets out of the shop. They said it would take 6-8 weeks to get it back. Oy. At least they did give me a loaner laptop to use in the meantime. Woo-hoo!

It's after 8 and the kids are still sleeping. . . how lucky am I? I may go lie down again until they wake up. I'm not used to having this much freedom.

5 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Hey, don't forget about me. :)

February 11, 2006 10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girl,

i HAVE missed reading your blog! it's always so upbeat and refreshing. good luck with L.A. if you wanna go there. damn, i wish i had a friend there so i could just visit.

tanya

February 11, 2006 11:34 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Cindy,

I love you too. Miss you so much.

Luke,

Were you talking to Cindy or me about not forgetting you? Confused.

Tanya,

L.A. is fabulous. You should totally go sometime.

February 13, 2006 12:52 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

I was talking about you, silly.

February 14, 2006 11:34 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Luke,

Well it was kind of ambiguous. But how could I possibly forget about you? You are unforgettable. :)

February 14, 2006 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home