My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Friday, February 17, 2006

Leaving on a jet plane. . .

I have my passport! Woo-hoo! That means I can now just leave the country on a whim if I need to. . . you never know when you may have to suddenly leave the country. Hehe. Now I can book my flight to the Bahamas. Kim hasn't gotten hers yet, but I'm sure she will soon.

I also found out this week that I got a 99 on my Ethics paper. I am very excited about that. He said that anyone who got in the range of 95 to 100 had a paper that was better than what he would expect from a graduate student. He said it was something he would expect out of someone in a doctoral program. I'm just glad that's done. Now I just have to get through my final (which is coincidentally the night that Luke is leaving). I'm sure I'll get a good grade on it, so I should get an A+ in the class. That'll make up for that damn B+ I got last semester. :)

I feel like something is going on between Kim and Dave. I just have this feeling. . . and of course she hasn't told me anything. But I'm not going to worry about it. It really is her choice to start anything with him again. I think I've started to realize that I can't be in control of everything. I feel like I need to be and I feel like it's on me to get someone to change. But that's not the case. It's up to that person as to whether he or she wants to change or not. All I can do is try to give my honest feedback and the tools they need to change. If they don't, then I can't be held responsible for it. This is a good thing to know for when I start counseling people. A lot of counselors feel frustrated when their clients don't change and take it upon themselves to do most of the work. But the client has to do the work. As long as I give my client the tools that he or she needs to change, then I have done my job. There's only so much I can do. It's really hard for a control freak such as myself to realize that.

Okay. . . I must really love California (and Cindy) to want to move out there. Do you have any idea how much work is involved with getting licensed to counsel in that state? Cindy did say that California was pretty much the hardest for anything. It has the hardest medical schools, the hardest bar exams, etc. I don't really mind all the work. It's just a pain. Since I am extremely organized, I am taking the measures to find out what needs to be done. A lot of people graduate, move to another state, and then find out they need additional courses to get licensed in that state. I am going to go ahead and get it taken care of now. There are a couple of classes that I can't take at my school simply because they aren't offered. But most of them are, so I'm going to take them now. I actually have to get licensed as a Marriage and Family therapist to get licensed out there. So I'll take those necessary courses to get the additional certification. They'll be interesting though, I'm sure. I love any psych class. I know, I'm just weird. At least I know that once I meet the requirements to get licensed in California, I can pretty much get licensed anywhere and I won't have to take any additional courses ever. I was checking the requirements for New York, Massachusetts, and Illinois. They do have more requirements than Georgia, but not as many as California.

I think I've rambled enough for today. I'm babysitting and the kids are actually being good. They're watching Barney and playing. Dammit, I hate that big purple dinosaur.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

Hey Girl,

Congrats on the passport. I have one that is good till 2008! Always good to have handy :) So, what made you check out the licensing requirements in Illinois? Just random, or are you thinking of coming here? Well, if you're ever in Chicagoland, we can party it up! Congrats on the paper too!

February 19, 2006 6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm .. Qusetion.. I was wondering about the comment from Aintneverscared. I know this individual. She is a true opportunist.
I dated her for about a month and a half. Prior to that she chased me around the apt. complex which we both live in . I eventually gave in to her advances. During the time we dated she told me that she was single and had no commitments . She had an ex boyfriend that would show up 3-4 times a week and a "friend" that she would text back and forth ( while we were sitting together, the balls on her !!) with a hundred times a day. She repeatedly assured me that there was nothing going on nothing "weird" to be concerned with and not to keep reading into things. Well, I so much wanted to believe her. I took her word for it. We spent lots of time together. She would come over to my place and we'd hang out .. Check this out.. She's a true addict... A couple of times when she was here, she would say she needed to use the bathroom and while she was in there she would run the tap water, flush the toilet.. My bathroom is very close to the family room. You can hear everything !! Anyway, while she was in there and would do those things, I could hear her opening the very noisy medacine cabinet. She would help herself to my scrip meds.. She complains of migraines and I would always give her my meds to help her out. I gave her a couple of vicoden and put the rest back into the cabinet.. 10 minutes later she was in there and I heard the skweek of the med cabinet door. I was in total dismay.. Couldn't believe it ! She came out of the bathroon and my face was covered with shock.. She asked me what was wrong.. I didn't say a thing. I was more embarrased for her. After she left I checked my med cabinet and sure enough, those meds were gone.. I called her the next day and told her I couldn't find the meds. I asked her if she remembered where I put them and she said " I don't know, did you put them back into the med cabinet ".. Funny thing is she never saw where I got them from.. Anyway, days later she called me and asked if I could lend her some more pain killers. I told her that I never found the other ones and she replied " NO WAY.. THAT'S SO WEIRD, THEY WEREN'T IN YOUR MED CABINET"

She is a true opportunist, a user of the highest degree.. AVOID HER BY ALL MEANS.

December 12, 2006 12:36 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Anonymous,

Um. . . question. Where was the question you referred to in your comments? There is no question, just negative bashing about someone who probably dumped you. I know more about her than you do (I'm sure) and my business with her is none of your business. The fact that you didn't email me this or leave your identity says a lot about you. Here is my question: if this girl is so horrible, why are you obviously searching for every possible mention of her blog so that you can see what's going on with her? I don't know you and I don't care to.

December 12, 2006 1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home