My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Friday, February 24, 2006

Driving Miss Daisy

This has been a busy, busy week filled with. . . stuff. And then some more stuff happened. Sounds memorable, huh? Luke is here so I am very happy. By very happy, I mean. . . eh, I'm content. I picked him up at the airport last night and we really haven't stopped driving yet. Luke took forever to baggage claim (where I was waiting) because he didn't take the stupid train. He decided to walk five miles. Oy. I took Luke to Cafe Istanbul for dinner. It was great food. . . when we finally found the place. We got a little lost (i.e. I got a little lost) and we had to ask someone for directions. Luke was worried I would get robbed, so he offered to do it. Isn't that sweet? The restaurant was great and Luke loved it, of course. There was supposed to be a belly dancer, but she wasn't there for some reason. Dammit. But we still got to sit on the floor and the hummus was top notch. When we got home, we watched my new Rent DVD. Awesome movie.

Today, we got up and watched some Golden Girls. I had some cereal and Luke had more of his stupid fudge rounds. Did he bother to offer me one? Ha. We then left to head back to Atlanta. Oh my God, traffic was awful. We got stuck in construction traffic. It took us forty-five minutes to go a mile. But eventually we reached our first destination of the day: Chick-fil-A. Woo-hoo! We had a fabulous lunch and then headed out to see Atlanta's own Cyclorama. Of course Luke kept slacking off on his one job: to remind me that I was wearing my sunglasses. I kept getting out of the car and realizing that I needed my regular sunglasses for inside. Damn Luke. The Cyclorama is the world's largest oil painting and it depicts this famous battle in Atlanta during the Civil War. It was pretty awesome and the painting was pretty damn big. It was very lifelike too. The Civil War museum was fairly interesting. The rest of the day was great. It was filled with us getting into the zoo for free, a lot more traffic, a movie (we went to see Final Destination 3, which I had already seen), and then Mexican food with my family. Mmm, mmm good.

After dinner, we were going to go to this comedy club, but we both decided to head back home instead. All the driving really wore me out. Little does Luke know that there will be a lot more of it tomorrow. Hahaha. I think he's having a great time. I know that it is good to hang out with him. We've been laughing nonstop and we have had a couple of semi-serious discussions. He's fabulous. And by fabulous, I mean. . . eh, he's okay.

4 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Hey!!

February 24, 2006 10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with everything you said. ;-)

And I LOVE the title of your post.

:) Laura

February 25, 2006 10:52 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Laura,

Thanks for the visit. Wish you were here. . . we're having the BEST time!

February 25, 2006 11:31 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Now I know the truth, since Luke sent me here.

Why did he send me here to find out he was slacking off?

February 28, 2006 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home