My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Sunday, September 18, 2005

My Break from Dating

I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again. It is really hard being a single woman with stupid men preying on you all the time. I am so glad that I am taking a break from dating because these men are sooo not inspiring me to get back out there. All they're interested in is sex. I'll be talking to one and just making small talk and then all of a sudden, he's talking about sex. Maybe it's the fact that I tell them I'm taking a break from dating. Maybe they think that's an invitation for casual sex. Although I do mention that I'm not into that either. . . at least, not anymore. But somehow I don't think that would make much of a difference.

Don't get me wrong. I love sex as much as the next person and my libido is probably higher than a lot of men's. I just think there should be more to a relationship than sex. Duh. And I'm just really tired of being treated like a sexual object. I wish a guy would start talking to me online and I wish he would actually have some interest in getting to know me. Too much to hope for, I know. It would be nice to be friends with a guy first. All I know is that I just got out of a relationship where the guy just used me and I won't do that again. I'm paying attention to red flags this time. I'm not sure how much longer this break is going to last, but as long as I'm talking to men who are only interested in one thing, I'm not going to be inspired to get back out there. So for right now, I'm enjoying not getting mauled by some creep. It's relaxing and I would much rather be by myself.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you could tell us how you lost that much weight. I am trying to lose 10 pounds but it is not going that well. By the way I love reading your blog.

Sincerely,

Anne

September 19, 2005 4:24 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Anne, I will post an entry soon with several weight loss tips that I've managed to learn throughout my journey. I understand that it can be tough. If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing now to lose weight? Feel free to e-mail me if you want. The link is in my profile. Good luck and I'll post some weight loss tips soon!

Also, thanks for reading my blog. I'm glad you enjoy it.

September 19, 2005 10:51 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hiya Cynthia :)

I know what you mean about the dating thing. I've been there and done that. It's exhausting and frustrating. You're right to take your time and wait for someone who wants you for who you are, not what you can provide and how you look. Course, there are those times we break out from that and do whatever we want to. And if that means taking out some time just for us, then so be it. It's relaxing and rejuvenating, and we learn that we're actually pretty damn good company for ourselves!

September 19, 2005 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home