My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Thursday, August 18, 2005

I'm a busy, busy little bee

This has been a very busy few days, but very nice. Actually. . . . a little more than nice. I'm trying to remember stuff that has happened over the past few days. Of course, I have a very good memory when it comes to the good stuff.

On Monday, I did work and stuff and John (do I really need to tell you who he is again?) had said that he would call me to set up a date for Tuesday. He got online that night and I was beginning to think he wouldn't call me. We chatted online for a while and he said he had to go and that he would definitely still call me. He called me at 11:00 and I have never had such a great phone conversation with someone that I've never even met. . . or spoken to before. We didn't get off the phone until 4:45 in the morning! We didn't have any awkward pauses in our conversation (obviously) and he was just as funny over the phone. We talked about everything. And one minute our conversation would be completely silly and bantering back and forth and then the next minute, we would be having a philosophical discussion about whatever. We have so much in common it's crazy. So we had this six hour conversation and decided to meet for dinner on Tuesday. We did discuss the possibility of there being no chemistry between us. I mean, just because we have a lot in common and can carry on a conversation for nearly six hours doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean there are going to be any sparks between us, which would be disappointing. Anyway, he asked when he could call me on Tuesday. That actually surprised me. We had already made the plans and I just expected to not talk to him again until then. But I wasn't complaining. I enjoyed talking to him. I told him when I was taking a break from my work the next day and he said he would call me.

On Tuesday, I slept late since I didn't go to bed till 5:00 in the morning. When I woke up, I worked until my break at 2:00 (which is when I told John he could call me). At 5 minutes after 2, he called. We actually talked for over an hour. You would think we would have gotten sick of each other by now. I had to end the call go to back to work and finish getting ready for our date. Even though I was excited, I was nervous. This is the first guy in a while that I've felt a connection with. John had suggested this restaurant in Athens, Rafferty's. I arrived there just a few minutes before 7 and John arrived late. Not by much though (just 6 minutes). He didn't really look like his picture (he did warn me that it was an old picture), but I still thought he was very attractive. Dinner was great and conversation flowed very well. We joked and laughed and there was some more getting to know each other. He also joked about my 20 or 30 men that I supposedly have in my pocket. I had told him that I had another date on Wednesday. It wasn't really on purpose. It just kind of happened. But he did tell me that apparently I didn't have any competition. Anyway, we stayed at the restaurant talking until 9:30 and we weren't ready to go home. So we went to Barnes and Noble and hung out there talking until they closed at 11:00. Then, we STILL weren't ready to go home, so we went to this all night coffee and lounge type place with couches and we just sat on a couch and talked until 2:30 in the morning. I have never had a date last for 7 1/2 hours before. . . . well at least not one that didn't involve hanky panky. It was nice. The entire date was fabulous and just great. He was even finishing some of my sentences for me. Craziness. I definitely felt sparks. I was attracted to him. I'm pretty sure he was attracted to me. There was a little flirting going on. At the end of the date, he was already making plans to see me again. Woo-hoo! He was going back to Atlanta Thursday night. That's actually where he lives and works, but he had 4 days off so he was spending them in Athens with his parents. He's heading back Thursday night because he has to work the overnight shift. But he said that he definitely wanted to see me again before he left. He said that he would call me on Wednesday to make plans. He gave me a really nice hug before he left. I kind of wished for a kiss, but then again the anticipation of the first kiss is the best part.

Wednesday, I got very little sleep because I had to wake up bright and early for a doctor's appointment. Seth went with me. The doctor's appointment didn't really go so well. Let's just say that I got some not so good news. I'm still in a little bit of shock over it. I'll live though, so that's something. Anyway, after the appointment I hung out with Seth for a little while and we caught up on our respective dates. Apparently, he just had a fabulous date with a guy named John as well. How weird is that? After I left him, I went home and took a nap. I was exhausted and needed a little shut-eye for my date. I was supposed to meet Rajiv at this cool Middle Eastern restaurant in Atlanta that had belly dancing. Rajiv was very nice and the restaurant was cool too. The food was really good and the belly dancing was entertaining. The woman was pretty and made me think that maybe I should learn belly dancing. I do have a belly dancing workout DVD. Anyway, I actually had to cut the date a little short, which I felt bad about. But the lack of sleep over the last few days was getting to me and I was starting to feel light-headed. I felt like a migraine was coming on, so I had to head out.

On the way home, I got caught in a major downpour of rain. It was crazy. I got home and I was a little worried that John hadn't called me yet. He did seem like he was really into me, so what was going on? I went to sleep and woke up around midnight. Still nothing. I figured that he was still up, so I did the unthinkable and I actually called him. He had told me in our original phone conversation that he liked aggressive women and he didn't mind being chased. Besides, I was hardly chasing. I just left him a voice mail on his cell phone and asked if we were still on for Thursday. Then a few minutes later, who should appear online? I didn't IM him; I just let him approach me and he did. We chatted for a few minutes and he asked what my plans were for Thursday. Somehow, I mentioned that since he hadn't called me I wasn't sure if he had changed his mind. He apologized for not calling and said that he was just out most of the day. It was irritating, but I forgave it. I know what the author of the book, "He's just not that into you" would say, but I'm not listening to that. I'm just going to do my thing and see what happens. He did ask how the date went and I told him. He said that if there's not going to be a second date, that he's not very sorry. He did say that he had a great time on Tuesday. So we decided that we would maybe eat and go to the Botanical Gardens in Athens today. He said that he would contact me today and we would decide on a time.

So today we have chatted and we're going to meet soon for our second date. I'm a little nervous and I'm not sure why. I just hope I can hold his interest long enough for a third. I think I'm going to close the match on Brandon, the stock analyst. First of all, he hasn't even contacted me since he told me that he had a great time on our date. If he was really into me, I think he would e-mail me or something. But regardless of that, I didn't feel it with him and my life actually just got a lot more complicated. So complicated that I don't have time to keep dating a guy I'm not really into to see if anything develops. I just don't think that's very fair. Ordinarily, I would give it at least three dates, but I don't think I'm going to do that with this one. If things don't work out with John, I might just take a break from dating. There is a reason, but I really don't feel comfortable posting it in my blog. Wow that's a first, isn't it? I do hope things work out with John though. I'm trying not to get too attached because we have had only one date (soon to be two), but this is just the first guy that I've felt this much of a connection with in a long time. I never even felt this way with Robert in the beginning. I guess we'll see how it goes. I'm just taking it one date at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home