My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Friday, August 19, 2005

I love second dates

Well, I had another great 7 1/2 hour date with John yesterday. We met around 3:15 at Botanical Gardens. It was very hot out and we kept joking about whose bright idea it was to spend time outdoors (it was his). We just held hands and walked around looking at the different flowers. It was very nice. We hung out there for over an hour and then we got really hot, so we were pretty much over the whole outdoors thing. We weren't ready to go to dinner yet and we just wanted to go somewhere with air conditioning. I actually invited him back to my place. I know what you're thinking, but really I knew nothing would happen. At least, nothing that would involve our clothes coming off. It's still too soon for that.

We went back to my place and hung out there for several hours just talking and watching TV. Okay. . . there was some kissing involved. But whatever. In the past, I've sometimes said that I wished you could just skip to the 10th date or something with someone to skip all the nerves and anxiety and everything. But I don't know what I was thinking. I think this is kind of the best part. . . as long as the guy isn't acting like a jerk. And John totally isn't. I think it's great when it's all new and exciting and you don't know everything about each other yet. . . or anything at all really. Even the butterflies are great.

So we hung out for a while and then went to eat dinner at the Mexican restaurant that I love. I swear, I have eaten Mexican way too many times this week. We were talking about his schedule over the next week and the fact that he will be working the overnight shift (10 pm to 8 am) for the next week, so we won't be able to see each other. I totally understand. He said that he will probably come to Athens again after that because he'll have some time off. Of course he also has a friend who may be coming to town so he'll spend a little time with her. But he did say that I would definitely know whether he was coming or going. I'm sure we'll spend a little time together. After dinner, we had to part ways to that he could go work his first overnight shift.

Last night, I spoke to Cindy. She kept sending me text messages during my date, telling me stuff and asking what I was doing. I didn't really respond for the most part since I was with John. The only response I sent was to tell her that I was on a date and that I had to some news to tell her. She called me last night and I told her my big news. She was very supportive of course. Her advice was to tell my friends and to let them be there for me, but for god's sake not to tell my family. I think I've already figured that one out. I have no idea what they would say. I feel kind of guilty not telling them since this is something that is going to effect me for a while. . . a long while. I guess I'll probably tell the rest of my friends a little bit later. I know I'm being a little bit vague right now, but I don't really think it's blog appropriate and I'm still in a little bit of denial anyway.

Anyway, today I must keep myself busy by working and I still have to enroll in the Spanish class that I'll be taking soon. Can't wait.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

I'm glad your second date went well. Let me know when you get the package I sent you in the mail. :)

August 21, 2005 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home