My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Lazy weekend

Yesterday was a very lazy day as I did not feel like doing anything. I was still recovering from my sunburn and I think it gave me a fever or something. All day long, I felt like I was coming down with the flu or something. I felt very achy and listless. I did work though. I took nearly thirty calls. The callers were actually getting on my nerves. I got several guys that were asking a lot of personal questions, which I don't like. I also got quite a few calls from guys that were under 18. I swear, I can spot them a mile away. Even when they have a mature sounding voice, there is just something in the quality of the voice that just compels me to ask when their birthday is. I was getting way tired of the under 18 calls. We have to hang up right away with those. I really hate it when the guys ask me what my fantasies are. I don't like discussing myself in any way. It makes it too real.

Anyway, I didn't really feel like being around people yesaterday. Rajiv called while I was in the shower. He wanted to give me his new telephone number and asked me to call him because he wanted to go out later this week. I hadn't talked to him in a while really, so I wasn't sure he wanted to. But I'm glad he called. I never really called him back though just because I felt so out of it yesterday. I just didn't feel like being around people.

Brandon didn't call me until midnight last night, which annoyed me. We talked for a while and his big excuse for not calling me all day was that he was working till 8:30 at night and then he decided at the last minute to go play pool with his friends. We did talk for a while and he seemed like a nice guy. He was funny. We made plans to meet today. He decided that he wanted to come down here to my place.

Today, I slept in a little and then took a nice cool shower. My sunburn felt a little better today, except for certain places that were more red than others. I worked a little and cleaned up since Brandon was coming over. When Brandon got here, we decided to go to the Mexican restaurant that Seth and I always eat at. We didn't have any awkward pauses in conversation or anything. We talked and laughed and he seemed like a nice guy. Then we came back to my placeand played a game of Scrabble. I won. He didn't really challenge me that much, which I found disappointing. After that, Brandon left because it was 10:30 and he still had an hour's drive back home. Brandon was nice and funny and we had a good time, but I'm just not sure there were any real sparks. There just wasn't any chemisty, I don't think. Plus. . . . he voted for Bush in the last election. Of course, he's pro-choice and pro-gay rights, but he's still a "moderate Republican," as he calls it. Oy.

After he left, I started chatting online with John, this guy that lives in Atlanta. We've been chatting for several days now and we seem to have so much in common, it's scary. But I've already said all this. We chatted for about three hours online and it was great. We have the greatest conversations about nothing and actually, they can turn from mundane to serious in a second. He's going to be in Athens for a few days this week visiting friends and family, so he asked me if I wanted to meet. Of course I said yes. I think we're going to meet on Tuesday and he's supposed to call me tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to that. It'll be fun.

Now I'm really, really tired and have a busy week ahead of me apparently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home