My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Monday, July 25, 2005

Unemployment

Well I got the word from my boss today and I am officially terminated. Not a great surprise. I think I may go through the 5 stages of grief with this one, even though I'm being optimistic about it all. I'm pretty sure I'm in stage one: Denial. I know the stages well since I just went through them with Robert. I still think it's for the best though. But apparently, there are others (i.e. Luke) who don't necessarily feel the same way. He says that he would feel weird about spending money in L.A, if he didn't have a job anymore. But what am I supposed to do. . . cancel the trip? The plane and my half of the hotel are already paid for. Besides, it's not like I'm going to go crazy or anything. I do think it's interesting that Luke didn't bother to post a comment to my blog or e-mail me or anything to express his sympathies. No, he's just lecturing at me through his blog. Oh, wait. . . he reads this. My bad. Yes, my friends will comment on my love life, but the fact that I was fired. . . not so much.


I went to my grandmother's today. She just came back from a great trip in the Cayman Islands. She got me a very pretty necklace. She said things were very expensive there, except for alcohol and cigarettes of course. She said that they got 9 gallons of gas in the rental car and it cost $42. Insanity. I told my grandmother about my job and she took it better than I thought she would. I told her to feel free to tell the whole family the news. Seriously, I don't want to have to repeat the store to my entire family ten different times. That's just a lot of people.

After that, I met Kim to go shopping. I still had many gift cards to spend at my favorite stores. I found some cool jeans. It's nice having your best friend there to tell you which jeans make your butt look great. I found a great pair the first time out. I did try on some shorts, but they were way too short. Of course, I did realize something trying them on. I have great legs. Seriously. . . they're fabulous. :) Kim did say that they looked a lot more fit than the last time I tried on clothes, which was in May I think. I guess all that work on the bicycle at the gym paid off. I do like shopping with Kim because she's better at telling me what looks good on me than I am. And she usually thinks I am a smaller size than I do. And she's usually right. Crazy wench. Hehe.

So after shopping, I headed back home to watch a Lifetime TV movie (I know, I know), Sex and the City, and also try to get some studying done for tomorrow's midterm. Luck to me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I had not commented yet, but I was thinking about your job a lot and I think that it is an opportunity. You are going to school and working hard on that and now you can concentrate on that and having fun! In the two years or so you worked there, I am sure you saved up enough to have a fun trip with friends and a bunch of other things. Plus you aren't a total cheapskate. ;-)

Love, Laura

July 26, 2005 1:24 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

:(

I wasn't lecturing you... I am so very happy you're coming on this trip. Don't take my thoughts of what I would do in your situation as me telling you what you should think and do.

That's what makes you, you.. you see things the way its best for you, and I totally agree that its best to move on from Coke and into the next stage of your life.. a much better and happier stage.. to something you want to do!

I guess I was looking at it as if this was the job you wanted, and it obviously is not, so chin up, eyes ahead and have a fantastic time over the next week with me (and Cindy)!

July 26, 2005 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home