My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Congratulations. . . I think??

Well I was going to wait until Monday to write this post and make this announcement, but I don't really think that much is going to change between now and then so I'm going to go ahead. As of yesterday, it looks like I may be out of a job. I know. Craziness. The reasons are a little complicated, I guess, but basically on Sunday when I was working I received a phone call on my cell phone while I was working. I forgot to "log out" of my phone to show that I was off the clock and my boss found out about it. And then the other night, when I left for the night I forgot to log out of my phone to show that I left for the evening. So yeah, it's bye-bye for that. My boss actually put me on suspension and said she would call me on Monday to let me know for sure whether I'm fired or not. I think there's only a 5 or 10% chance that they would actually decide to keep me.

At first, I was kind of upset because I've never been fired before. But I'm going to look at this as a blessing. I'm not really that worried about money. I have plenty of money in savings. Granted, I was going to use that to pay off my credit cards, but whatever. Plus, my school kind of throws so much student loan money my way every time a new class starts because they don't expect you to work so I'll have that money coming in. So I think I may double up on my classes so that I can a) get more student loan money and b) finish my degree that much faster. I'm also going to take a Spanish class so that I can actually learn Spanish. If I actually want to get a job on the West Coast, I need to be able to speak it fluently. I'm also going to volunteer somewhere like a shelter or a crisis line so that I can get more experience doing what I actually want to do. I'm not going to get another stupid customer service job. I may even go back to being a phone actress to get some extra money coming in. So I have plans. I'll be fine.

The only thing that I am a little worried about is the fact that I'll be without health insurance. As all of you know, I have suffered from excruciating migraines for many years. I have finally found a medication that actually works and I very rarely get them anymore now. I guess I'll just have to pay a lot more for my medicine now. I can't really go back to getting 3-5 migraines a month. That's not happening. I'll figure something out with that. I know that I was going to run out of pills while I was in L.A. so I was planning on getting a refill within the next few days anyway. I think I'm going to go ahead and get a refill today while I still technically have a job and insurance. That's okay, right?

I spoke to Cindy last night and told her the news about my job. She is so great. She thinks just the way I do and she was actually thinking the same things I was. She even said, "Cindy, I'm so happy for you. You've been given the gift of freedom." I think I'm just being very optimistic right now. I will also have time for a social life (i.e. dating). I won't have to struggle to find time to go out and have fun, so that'll be nice. Cindy says that when I get to L.A., we'll celebrate the fact that I was fired. I swear, only she would do something like that. Of course she did say that if by some small chance I didn't get fired, then we would celebrate that too. So either way. . .

I spoke to Kim today for the first time since the American Idol concert. I swear, I have no idea why we never speak anymore. And soon, she's moving to Smyrna. That's practically on the other side of Georgia! Somehow I mentioned my blog to her and she was surprised I even had one. Yeah, I've had one a year and she just now found out that I had one. Well, seriously until now we saw each other so much that anything I put in the blog she already knew about. And then some. Kim and I may go shopping on Monday. I still have gift cards to my favorite stores and I would like to get a few new things for my trip to L.A. And you know the best part? I don't have to worry about a dress code anymore. So bring on the spaghetti straps and halter tops!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home