My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Slow weekend

This weekend was a nice weekend. Very relaxing. I usually work on Saturdays, but well. . . not anymore, I guess. So yesterday I actually got to sleep in. I haven't gotten much sleep lately so it was really nice to get a solid 8 hours of sleep for a change. I did get in a nice hour long workout (a half an hour on the treadmill and a half an hour of yoga) and that energized me for a day of pretty much just sitting around doing nothing.

Seth came over and it was really nice to see him. I hadn't seen him in nearly a month. He had sooo much gossip to tell me. Apparently, he's seeing like three guys even though he's only really into one of them. Yes, he is acting like a typical man and it is very disappointing. He keeps making excuses as to why he shouldn't break up with the one guy he's been seeing for months, even though he doesn't like him that much. I pointed out to him that if a guy was doing that to me, he would be calling him an asshole. I told him to break up with the guy, so Seth if you're reading this: BREAK UP WITH HIM ALREADY! Hehe. :) I told him my gossip and about my job thing. I swear, I think he was more mad about the situation than I was. I guess that's how friends are though. It's sweet. Seth and I pigged out on Mexican food at our usual restaurant and then went to see "Wedding Crashers." It was a funny movie. Seth also brought over doughnuts. Oy. . . what is he trying to do to me? Of course, I couldn't resist. They were Krispy Kreme, for crying out loud.

Today, I have been trying to gather the motivation to study. It's just so hard. I'm sure I'll do fine on the exam though. I did get my grade sheet back from my last class and the final exam that I thought I blew because of my break-up with Robert I actually got a 92 on. So maybe stress is good for my grades. Or maybe not because I actually got a 100 on the midterm. Speaking of Robert. . . I took a big step today. I have deleted him from my life. Metaphorically, anyway. I deleted him from my cell phone and my e-mail address book. So I no longer have any of his contact information and he is gone completely. I don't know why I didn't do it before today. I guess I wasn't ready. I know that he said he wanted to be friends still. . . actually I think he said he wanted to be friends "with benefits." I know. What a pig. I have e-mailed and called him since the break-up. He has e-mailed me back, but he never called me back. I'm just going to be grateful for that and move on with my life. It's like Cindy said. I'm never going to find the one I'm supposed to be with if I keep having casual sexual encounters anyway. Not that I've had a lot. . . but still.

Well I guess my study break has lasted long enough. Ohhh. . . I really don't feel like studying. And tomorrow, I hear the final verdict on my job and I get to tell my grandmother. I figured I would just tell her first because she's such a gossip that I won't even have to tell anyone else. I'm not looking forward to it though. My sister has screwed up all her life, but let me screw up once (that they know of) and I'm not really sure how my family is going to handle it. I am supposed to be the good one after all. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home