My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Monday, July 18, 2005

First date since the breakup. . .

Well in his most recent post, Luke has whined about three days of rain and thunderstorms. Wow. Okay, Luke. Why don't you come to Georgia where we've had two hurricanes in a row and about three months of rain non-stop? Hehe. Well Kim and I got rained on coming home from the American Idol concert when it just started pouring yet again. This guy I'm talking to on eharmony told me that he was trapped on the interstate for hours on Saturday because the road was literally flooded. Craziness. Yesterday was the first day in a while that it wasn't raining so I went for a swim. That was nice. It was very hot actually. Maybe the rain will stop for a while. One can only hope.

Anyway, on Thursday I did speak to a guy that I met on eharmony. His name is Adam and he seems really cool. He called me and we talked for like two hours. He's really funny and there were no awkward pauses in the conversation which is always a plus. He has a nice voice. I don't know what that means, but I'm sure it's a good thing. He seemed like he really liked me, but then again who wouldn't? :) He wants to meet me, so he said he would call me later so we could work out the details. We didn't get off the phone until midnight, so it was a little late by then.

Even though I didn't get off the phone until midnight, I still managed to drag myself out of bed at 4:30 for a workout. I felt extremely energized. On Saturday, Kim and I went to the American Idol concert, which was cool. It was a pretty good concert, except for the guy in front of us whose wife had obviously dragged him there. He was wearing a hat that was sooo 1942 and he barely got of his seat the entire concert. Every time Kim and I got up to clap or dance or whatever, he would give us an evil look like we were being too loud. Please. We were at a concert, for crying out loud. Get over it. Kim told me a lot about her problems with Dave. I'm not sure why she stays with him, but whatever. She asked me what I learned from my relationship with Robert. That one was easy. I learned not to let guys take advantage of me.

Anyway, I spoke to Adam last night and we finalized our plans for tonight. I'm really looking forward to meeting him. Hopefully, the chemistry will be there. I hate when the guy is perfect but the chemistry is missing. It sucks. I guess we'll see. I'm going to be optimistic. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, Uno! I'm sure you will do great, because you are number 1! Adam would be luck to have you (if I can't have you).
:) Laura

July 18, 2005 1:43 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

So.. tell us.. how did the date go??

July 19, 2005 10:13 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Hehe. . . Thanks Laura. You know I'd almost rather have you, but you're taken anyway. :)

July 20, 2005 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home