My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Sunday, July 10, 2005

And so the Summer Survivor Challenge begins

I know it's been a while since my last post and I apologize. I've been a little lazy to post on my blog. So sad, I know. Well last week, I joined the Summer Survivor Challenge at work. It's a fitness contest to encourage people to basically get off their asses. Some are joining to lose weight and some are doing it to just stay fit. I joined a team kind of last minute. But there are several prizes to be won, like IPOD's, a flat screen TV, and a home theatre system. You calculate your points every day for how many fruits and vegetables you eat a day, how much water you drink, and how much exercise you do. And you get points for how much weight your team loses. Technically, there are only 3 people on our team that need to lose weight (it's a 6 person team), but I think I'm going to try to lose weight anyway. Every little bit helps.

My team voted me captain. Apparently, I'm a good motivator or something. The captain's main job is to motivate their team. . . and to calculate the team's points every week. Oy. The challenge does not officially start until Monday, but the sabotage has already started. On Friday, my boss (who is on a rival team) offered me Krispy Kreme donuts. What is she, nuts?? I did not give in. Later, I was eating a bowl of chicken soup from Chick-fil-A (very healthy actually) and I told her that it was better than her donuts. She said that they were just a charitable contribution. I said, "Yeah. . . a charitable contribution to my hips." I'm thinking I'm going to do the Special K Challenge for the next 2 weeks until I go to L.A. Apparently, you can lose up to 6 pounds in 2 weeks. We'll see. I also intend to work out like crazy. I am very committed to this. I think it's just something to take my mind off Robert. Even though I'm not really as sad or angry as I was anymore, I still think about him. But I am definitely healing. Good for me.

I talked to Luke on Friday and we both agreed to be healthy eating/workout buddies on our trip to L.A. Even though I'm sure we will eat junk food, we both agreed not to go too crazy. And since the hotel has a pool, I intend to swim every single day so I won't have to skip my workouts while I'm there. He suggested we go out clubbing and pick up guys while we're there. Dancing and sex are great exercise. Well. . . the sex can be good exercise if it's done right. And a trashy one night stand will definitely help me move on. Hehe.

Yesterday was not my day. It started out innocently enough. Work was slow and I spent most of it surfing the Internet. I decided last minute to get some Mexican food to go on the way home. Since I was starting my Special K Challenge today, I figured that I would have a "last meal," so to speak. I picked up some food from my favorite restaurant and then I decided to go to the grocery store. The storms from Hurricane Dennis were supposed to hit us soon so I wanted to go ahead and pick up some things so I didn't have to leave the house. Of course, even though the storms weren't supposed to hit until today, the rain hit yesterday while I was on the way home and while I was in the grocery store. And hit us they did. As I was leaving the grocery store, it was POURING. I was forced to unload my groceries from the cart to my car in the rain and I got soaked. Seriously. . . . my jeans were sticking to me, they were so wet. Robert always said that he thought women were sexy when they were wet. I must have been a goddess yesterday. I finally got home and then I had to unload everything. That was fun. Since I was carrying all my groceries in one load in the house, I dropped the bag that had my milk in my garage. Of course the milk busted. Dammit. Now I have to buy more milk. Whatever.

I just went in and immediately, got out of my wet clothes, unloaded my groceries, and just enjoyed my Mexican food. For the rest of the night, I relaxed. I know that it's going to be raining for the next couple of days. I don't think it's going to be as bad as Tropical Storm Cindy though. Cindy has cost Georgia about 50 million dollars in damage. Dammit, I hate the rain. Well. . . not when I have someone to cuddle up with inside anyway. :)

Well the next two days are going to be spent studying, working out, and maybe even some cleaning. I'm actually looking forward to it. Crazy, I know. And how is it that my class just started this week and already I'm behind?? I have to fix that for sure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

I've never tried the Special K diet. Not sure I wanna. Cereal rocks, but I dunno if I could limit myself to one bowl per meal for 2 meals a day.

Hope you get thru the rain A-OK, It's nice and sunny here in Rochester. No rain to speak of. Well, Saturday is poured, but only in the morning. By the evening, it was gorgeous.

Talk to you soon.

July 10, 2005 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home