My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Friday, July 22, 2005

Thoughts

I had a thought. Yes, I know. . . I have many thoughts. Sometimes way too many. This is why I like it when I go into my "zone" because my zone is a place where thoughts are nonexistent. Anyway, back to my thought. Dating is pretty much the most exhausting thing a person can do. It's hard work. I think I was actually having this revelation as I was pounding away on my treadmill, sweating more than I remember sweating in a long time and listening to Rob Thomas's song on the radio, "This is how a heart breaks." Maybe I was even thinking of Robert. I know what you're all thinking. Him again.

I don't think my heart was exactly broken yesterday. I was just a little tired and fed up with the whole game, I think. So after three days of not hearing from Adam, I finally heard from in a "Closed" message on eharmony. His reason that he chose was that he was pursuing another relationship. Fine. Not a surprise that things didn't work out with him and I'm not heartbroken. We only had one date and he's just one more guy who couldn't appreciate the wonder and the beauty that is me, right? But of course. I just immediately went to take out my frustrations on my treadmill. Poor thing. Actually, my poor legs. They are very sore right now because I haven't worked them that hard in a while. Dating is just one big merry-go-round of uncertainty and confusion and heartache. I wish I could just stop but I have this stupid need to be married eventually. Ugh. Those of you out there who are already married or involved don't know how lucky you are. Yes Laura, I am talking to you. Some of us aren't lucky enough to find the one that we're supposed to be with when we're 16.

I think I'm just tired and need a vacation, so if I seem down that's all it is. I have other guys that I'm talking to on eharmony though. . . guys that I'll go out with when I get back from my glorious vacation on L.A. Eventually I'll find one that sticks. Yesterday I told myself that it would be a good day and that kind of blew up in my face. I had many customers who irritated the crap out of me. I did use my stress ball thing that I got at my stress management seminar the other day and that helped a little. Then I went to Chick-fil-A to get a sandwich and to McDonald's to get a Fruit and Walnut Salad. I received bad service at both of them and McDonald's actually forgot the walnuts for my salad. Seriously, that's the most important part.

But my professor in my class did give us all 8 of our essay topics that were going to be on our test and we're only going to have to pick 4 to do on the test. So I know what to study for those. And he already gave us a whole list of key terms to study for the multiple choice section, so he practically handed the test to us. I'm sure I will do fine.

Luke said in his blog yesterday that he was glad that I was happy. Don't worry Luke. I'm not unhappy. I'm just tired and need to get away. I will not tell myself what I told myself at the beginning of yesterday. It doesn't work. I'm just going to hope for the best. And tomorrow, I get to see Seth. . . my best friend in the entire world! I haven't seen him in weeks. I am sooo excited!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Now now.. leave Laura alone. :)

Sorry to hear about your rough day or two. Adam sounded really nice, too bad he 'closed' the deal. Oh well, another guy, another lie.

So, anything fun going on this weekend tootse?

July 22, 2005 5:07 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Oh you know I'm just jealous of Laura.

This weekend is just about spending time with Seth and studying for next week's midterm.

Don't worry about me though. I'm just feeling a little sorry for myself. I can't wait to see you!

July 22, 2005 5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, I'm so tired of people being jealous of me! ;-)

Anyway, everything will work out in the end -- you will find a better guy and I will see you in October (no LA trip for me). . .

:) Laura

July 23, 2005 12:59 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi Cynthia, sorry to hear you're feeling a bit down. Dating certainly can suck, but hey, the more you weedle the naff ones out, the more likely you'll stumble upon the gold ones. Good luck with that, and extra luck for your exams.

PS. Thanks for voting for Jess. Much appreciated :)

July 23, 2005 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home