My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Lollipop Head

I'm doing that thing again. You know, where I take on way too much, way too fast. So the eharmony thing is still going well. There's an interesting guy I'm talking to who seems cool. He's a software engineer who's into photography and music as well. He wants to call me and maybe meet me soon. The only trouble is I have to find the time to squeeze him in. Between Kim this weekend and Seth next weekend. . . Oy. But I'm sure I will have time to have lunch or dinner or something with him soon.

I also have volunteered for overtime at work. I did that last week and it's for another department. Of course, after I volunteered we got an e-mail from the Big Boss saying that because we are SUPER understaffed and wayyyy busy, he is now making overtime mandatory. That's right. . . mandatory. What the hell?? Not only that, but he's telling us how many hours we have to do. Apparently, he wants us to do 5-8. Great. I told my boss that I really don't mind helping the other department out. I know they're swamped. I just resent being told that I have to and being told just how much. Plus, I have a midterm in less than two weeks. That's the other thing that I have to worry about. My class isn't really hard, by any means. But there is a LOT of information and a LOT of memorization that has to be done. Luckily, I'm already halfway done making flashcards. Yay for me.

But I have a plan on how I can work overtime, work out for an hour a day, and study for my midterm so that I get an A. All I have to do it study while I work out and study in between e-mails. I've done it before. It's not hard. And I'll squeeze in sleep somehow. Have I mentioned lately that I can't wait for L.A.? It will be the best vacation ever! I am so excited about relaxing and spending time with my friends. Of course I will not be slacking off on my exercise. No way.

Speaking of work. . . yesterday I had the craziest customer. He was insane. I spoke to him three times. Twice I had to hang up on him because he would not stop using profanity with me when I asked him to. He kept yelling at me and telling me to shut up. He spoke to a supervisor on one of the calls and he was cussing at her. He actually hung up on her. He got on the phone asking to speak to a supervisor though; he was already angry. I kept my cool and was very firm with him. I was amazed that I didn't lose my patience and get upset from the call. . . or should I say calls. I just took it in stride. Oh well. I just figure that people like that have bigger issues than what they're actually complaining about and I don't take it personally.

So the Special K diet has been going okay. I haven't really told anyone at work that I'm on it because I know what they'll say. Yesterday, Rachelle asked me if I was in the challenge to lose weight. I told her I was doing it to stay fit and that if I lost weight, for my team then so much the better. She has already told me if I lost anymore weight, I would get a chicken neck. Well yesterday she told me that someone told her that I was losing too much weight and I should watch out or I would get a lollipop head. What the hell does that mean? I was thinking that maybe I would stop the Special K think and just go back to eating regularly again. . . but still eating healthy of course. What does everyone think? I really don't need to lose any more weight. I know that. I was just trying to lose a few pounds for the benefit of my team. I am way too competitive for my own good, I think. Besides, even if I eat normally I will probably still lose a few pounds with all the added exercise, fruits and veggies, and all this damn water I've been drinking. Seriously, do you know how hard it is to drink 6 12-oz cups of water? It's hard. And I'm going to the bathroom every hour. But I once heard that it's just because my body's not used to that much water and once it gets used to it, it'll stop. I hope so. Since I had been slacking off a little in the exercise department, I'm not used to working out for two hours a day. So I have to work up to that. I do love eating better though. I needed to eat more fruits and veggies anyway. And I had 7 servings yesterday! Craziness. That's because one serving is only 1/2 cup, so it's easier than you would think.

Okay, so that's my ramble of the day. I feel very good today. Today will be a good day, even though I have a lot of studying to do. I have a feeling I will be very productive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Well, the water and bathroom runs won't adjust if you get used to drinking more water. You'll just have the urge to drink more.

I started drinking more when I started to lose weight in 2001. Now, I drink almost a gallon of water every day. But getting up and going to the bathroom is good exercise, too!

July 14, 2005 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home