My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Friday, July 01, 2005

Chicken Claws and Flat Spots

Seriously people don't even realize the crap that comes spewing out of their mouths. I had a call from a woman yesterday who said that she found what looks like a chicken claw or toenail in her salad. Really people. . . are you even kidding me?? I mean, I know we use all natural breast meat, but it isn't that natural. As Cindy said, the chickens aren't making the salad. I had to struggle to keep a straight face. But whatever. I gave her coupons and sent her on her way. I think she honestly thought she found a chicken claw in her salad. I think Dwight said it best when he asked the profound question, "Are people getting dumber or are my standards just too low?" Hmm. . . maybe a little of column A, maybe a little of column B. :)

Yesterday, for some reason the depression with Robert was hitting me a lot harder than it was on Wednesday. I'm not sure why. But the day was busy, so that helped a little. Of course one of my coworkers told me I shouldn't be this upset over someone I hadn't even dated for that long. Uh. . . okay. Done and done. What the hell. I can't really help it if I fell hard in a short period of time. And I know she's right when she says that in 5 years I'll wonder what I ever saw in the guy. I just need to get over this initial hump. It'll just take a couple of days. Of course my other coworker, Rachelle, reminded me of the quote, "It's better to lose a lover than to love a loser." She is sooo right. I just have to keep that in mind.

I did talk to Luke and we made plans regarding our hotel stay in L.A. That pumped me up. We're going to have a fabulous pool it looks like, which will be nice. I will come back with a gorgeous tan. Yay for me. Less than one month till lift-off. After work, I took my car by the tire place to see if they could tell me what the hell the problem was. I described the problem to the guy and he said it sounds like it just has a flat spot. He told me to just drive it for 3000 miles, get the tires rotated, and then do the same thing. He said it will probably take about 2 rotations for the tire to wear out and then I will need a new tire, but I don't really need to get one now unless I just absolutely want one. Whew. That's good news. At least it's nothing serious.

After that I went home and downloaded the program that would allow me to send pictures to my blog. I couldn't figure out how to post a picture to my profile though. It was very complicated. But Cindy called me. . . . FINALLY!! It was so great to hear from her. We talked for like 2 hours. It was nice. It did get my mind off Robert for a little bit. . . except for the time when we were talking about Robert and our crappy love lives of course. But we also talked about all the cool things we were going to do in L.A. It's going to be so much fun! It had been a long day so it wasn't too long after my phone call with her that I went to sleep.

Today I feel semi-better about things. I think today's going to be a good day, although it's supposed to be very hot and muggy. God, I hate Georgia summers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Hiya. Just went back a little and read about what happened with Robert. It's quite understandable that you're still feeling down at the moment. It's barely any time since it happened. Give it time (blah, silly cliches sorry). Eat chocolate, have tantrums and throw crockery...and eventually (as you're cleaning up broken plates) you'll feel better. And also know he wasn't the guy for you...not this time anyway. Chin up girl...there's someone FABULOUS out there just waiting for you to notice them when you're ready.

July 01, 2005 8:12 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Thanks Sara. I'm sure I will feel better after a lot of junk food and a lot of tears. Deep down I know he wasn't the guy for me. It's just hard to accept right now.

July 02, 2005 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home