My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Kayaking and Getting Drunk



Ahhh. . . today we awoke to another bright and beautiful day in Los Angeles. Is there any other kind? Luke and I only got 4 hours of sleep, but we got up to get ready for a full day of fun, fun, fun.

Cindy, Luke, and I headed down to La Jolla, which is a town in San Diego for kayaking and snorkeling. Unfortunately, the water was too cloudy for snorkeling but the kayaking was still on. We all got dressed in life vests (we looked very fetching) and headed out with our tour guide to the beach. I was a little nervous as I had never kayaked before. Cindy and I were in a double and Luke was in his own big boy kayak. . . they grow up so fast, don't they? Our tour guide helped us out there and the waves carried us far from the shore (well, the paddles helped). I was a little nervous that the waves would tip us over, but we were all good. We kayaked for the entire day and it was great fun. Talk about using upper body strength. We took tours of some caves and we even saw some sea lions as well. They were so adorable. Luckily, no one died and everyone was brought safely to shore. Yay. Of course I did give Luke the Cooties A that he says I have. Ha. We were unable to bring our digital cameras on board because of the water, but we did buy a water proof camera and we took lots of cool pictures.

After all of that adventure, we were starving and I had yet to eat anything all day. So we went in search of an In and Out Burger. I had heard they were great burgers and everyone loved them, so of course I couldn't leave the West Coast without eating one. I actually napped in the car while Luke and Cindy searched for the restaurant. Whatever. But at last, we reached our destination. The burgers were very juicy and tasty. The fries could have been better, but whatever. It was at that point that I noticed that my legs were starting to burn. . . yeah, they were a little red. So yesterday, at the beach I remembered sunblock everywhere so I got just the right amount of color. However, today I remembered sunblock everywhere but my legs. What was that about? Oh well. I needed color anyway.

The late lunch and drive back kind of wore us out so we rested back at the hotel for just a little bit. But then it was time for fun again and we were off to a cool bar. I have to admit that I got a little. . . buzzed on my 2 drinks (as did Cindy) and we were boring Luke with the sad details of our pathetic love lives. I was boring him with my feelings about Robert and Cindy was commiserating about Ben. Of course as Luke pointed out, I had plenty of opportunities to dump Robert. Like the time he told me I wouldn't make a good therapist. . . or the millions of times he stood me up. . . or whenever. Yeah, don't worry. I'm over it. I was just drunk tonight and we were talking about men. I'm totally committed to finding someone who appreciates me.

Anyway, so after all the drinking we went to a fabulous Thai place that's open till 2 a.m. usually. God, I love L.A. The food was great, as was the company. Now, we're exhausted and tomorrow is yet another fun-filled day. God, I love this town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home