My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Friday, July 29, 2005

I am so in love. . .

****FLIGHT WATCH 2005**** Flight 41 from Atlanta to Los Angeles was delayed until 1:37 am, so Luke Fischer and Cynthia Allen were unable to take off until nearly 2:00 and they did not arrive in L.A. until 3:30 (that's 6:30 a.m. GA time), which was about 5 hours later than they should have arrived. We thank you for staying with us through this breaking news coverage.

So I pretty much fell asleep the second I was in my seat, woke briefly when we were taking off, and then fell back asleep before we were fully in the air. Of course I didn't sleep that soundly considering the fact that someone (i.e. Luke) kept moving his shoulder away from my comfort zone. Also, the disembodied voice of the captain came over the intercom and asked if there was a doctr on the plane. Apparently, someone was having some kind of medical emergency. Then, the nice voice asked if any passenger had Zanex or Valium. I guess one of the passengers did have some Valium in her purse. . . you know, for emergencies.

Finally, we arrived in L.A. and there was Cindy #2, or Dos. She looked fabulous as ever of course! There was much hugging and laughter. It was like we had never been apart, except for the fact that no one knows what to call me anymore. Luke said that since we are Uno and Dos, he is just going to add us together and call us Tres. Apparently, when the two Cindys get together, we are like one entity. I have tried to explain that we are two separate individuals, but no go.

We did not go to bed until 5:30, but whatever. Who needs sleep? We were up at 9:00 and off to a big breakfast at Denny's. I know that's not very L.A., but again. . . whatever. And I am sooo in love with this city. If it were a man, I would tie it down and have my way with it and then marry it and have a million of its babies. Hehe. Yeah, I'm not psycho. Just obsessed with the West Coast. It was so incredibly beautiful. We went to the Santa Monica pier and walked around, ate churros. I watched Dos and Luke ride this. . .thing that I was not about to get on. My stupid feear of heights stopped me cold. Then we played skee ball and that was totally fun. There was also this foot massager that I tried out. It was super powerful. Hmm. . . I wonder if they make it in back massager form. I swear I would use it ONLY on my back. I was on such a high from life and sun.

After that, we went to a cleaner beach and changed into our bathing suits. Dos and I played in the water. We ran up and down the shore, played in the sun, and got really messy. Luke got some great shots of me pretending to be a swimsuit model or something. They also dug a big hole and buried Dos in it, and then it was my turn. . . you know, it's weird being buried in a hole of sand up to your waist. Very, very weird. Good times, good times.

Later that evening, after we cleaned all the sand out from our crevices, we went to this Mexican restaurant that Cindy loved. We all got a drink from the bar and toasted my new unemployment status. After eating a wonderful meal and delicious guacamole, we sang a karaoke song. It was "Independent Woman" by Destiny's Child and Cindy dedicated it to me. But after that, we headed to the Korean karaoke place that we love oh so much and we sang off key for over 2 hours. God, that's good stuff.I put so much passion into my bad singing too. That's the best part. If you're going to do something badly, do it right. Hehe.

Stay tuned for the rest of my vacation as key developments unfold. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home