My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Wallowing

Well yesterday was a long, busy day at work. I didn't really feel like working but I'm glad I came in. I felt bad for calling in on Tuesday because two other people were also out, so they were really slammed. We have one woman out on vacation for the rest of the week and then another guy came down with the flu suddenly. My coworkers were really happy to see me because we had a lot of e-mails. But we got through it.

When the day was over, I just wanted to go home and wallow a little. I decided against eating junk food. Do I really want to get fat? Actually, I think Saturday is going to be my official "wallow" day. I'll eat junk food, wallow, maybe get drunk. I wish I had someone to get drunk with. . . oh well. By the way, if I spend the next couple of blogs obsessing about Robert, please forgive me. I just need a little time, okay? I promise I'll be better soon. By the way, thanks to my friends for their lovely comments in my blog. Laura and Luke are great. And Luke wrote something especially nice in his blog about how he thinks I am a strong woman. I know he's right and I'm sure I will move on from this in no time. I really can't wait for our vacation in L.A. I think a change in scenery will be nice. 6 whole days in another state. . . I am so psyched! By the way, Luke. . . I wrote you a comment in your blog, but for some reason it still says you have 0 comments from yesterday. You can't see it until you click on the Comments button. Weird. But it's there, so click on it.

When I got home, I actually worked on trying to download my pictures and lo and behold I managed to do it! I had to restore my computer to an earlier date because some stupid program had been installed on my computer that was interfering with the application. But yay. . . I have my pictures!! And all that work and downloading actually took my mind off of Robert for about ten minutes. It was nice. So that was a nice part of my day. Also, I received my very first AIDS Walk donation from Luke. Woo-hoo! Thanks again Luke!!

I also updated my profile on match.com. But then I'm thinking. . . do I want to date again so soon? Hmmm. . . . not really. I just did it to have something to do, I think. I'm just trying to fool myself into thinking that I'm moving on. It's not really working. I'm alternating between depression and apathy. It's an interesting combination. I just have to get through the rest of this week and then I can have a couple of days to wallow in self-pity. After that, I should be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home