My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Wedding Madness

So Luke and I had a lot of fun trying to read Jake's quote unquote "specific" directions to the place where the rehearsal was going to be. We had to go up this steep hill that everyone else was impressed with to get there. Frankly, I wasn't that impressed. When we finally got there, it was nice to see Jake again. He was as mediocre as ever of course. I'm sure he was glad that Luke brought me since the other Cindy hates him. I'm the nice Cindy. . . I just don't like him very much. Hehe. The pastor went through the entire process in a very short time. No, it did not take him very long to tell the groomsmen and the bridesmaids how to walk. Luckily, most of them have been doing it all of their lives. I'm not so sure about Luke though. He still has a little trouble every now and then. After the rehearsal, we pretty much stuffed ourselves silly. . . because we hadn't eaten nearly enough during this trip. I had fun bantering back and forth with some of the groomsmen. I fit right in with the group. They're all a lot of fun. Luke got a great groomsmen gift that included a shirt that said "Jacob loves me." How sweet. After that, we hung out a little more, ate a little more (duh) and then headed home for the very long drive.

Saturday began early with Luke and I waking up at 7 am to begin our hectic day. We got ready and I actually managed to make myself beautiful in record time. But I guess it doesn't take much. Then we packed the rest of our mother of all subs and other snacks and we were on our way. We stopped to pick up Luke's lint roller and then we had to pick up Luke's pants first. Then we headed to his Aunt Deb's house so we could visit with her. She was so funny. She made cookies and told us different stories and such. I think I may like her better than Luke. :) I definitely see where he gete his sense of humor from. She was great. Then we headed to his grandmom's house where I got to meet her and see his mom again. They were busy moving so they didn't really get a chance to visit much. His mom hadn't seen me in a while and Luke didn't think she would remember me. But she did notice that I had lost a lot of weight. She told me that I looked great, so that made me happy. It was nice meeting his family and seeing the place that Luke grew up. Luke even pointed out some of the places that he used to work at back in the day. :)

So by the time we left his family's, there was no time to go see any waterfalls like we had planned unfortunately. But that was okay. We ate our subs on the way to Wil's (the best man's) house. We had to be there early so Luke could get pictures taken. Of course when we got there, we were informed that pictures would not actually be taken for 2 more hours. Ugh. So basically Luke and I could have gone to the falls. Oh well. Luke and the boys decided to go play golf and I went with the dates of some of the groomsmen so that I could change into my wedding clothes and make myself presentable. We did that in record time with one of the women trying to wrap her gift. It was kind of an awkward gift so she was having some trouble. Finally she figured it out and we were off to Wal-Mart so that we could get her a card to go with it. I also realized along the way that they assumed that Luke and I were together when I mentioned that I had a boyfriend. They said, "Oh, so you and Luke are just friends?" Yes, yes we are. Logical assumption I guess, but I set them straight.

Finally we arrived at the wedding and Laura was there! Yay! Unfortunately her Luke couldn't come because of work stuff, so basically she was Luke's third date. :) The wedding was so sweet, except for the whole bible verse and prayer stuff of course. I found out that the only reason that was in there was because the grandmothers were religious, not because the bride and groom were. I don't get that. The ceremony should be about the bride and groom, not anyone else. Anyway, it was short and sweet. They've been together about nine years, which seems amazing to me. After the wedding, we did the receiving line thing and congratulated Jake and Rachael. She looked so beautiful in her dress. Then we got to eat appeatizers. I ate so much. . . and the main course hadn't even come yet. But all of the food was good. And then they had about ten different desserts. The toasts were very sweet. Then Luke, Laura, and I danced a little. Not as much as I would have liked, but then again the music kind of sucked. Laura's wedding won't be like that. I can't wait for her wedding. She even said I can come out to D.C. and visit her. I've never been there so that would be awesome. It was so nice hanging out with the two of them again and we got some excellent pictures to mark the occassion. They started cleaning up around 9:00 so we had to head out. Besides we all had long drives ahead of us. . . not as long as Laura though and she was by herself. Poor thing. :( Oh, and I just wanted to give a shout-out to Laura. Hey Laura!! :)

Luke and I took turns driving home. I know he was exhausted since he had already driven us all the way there to begin with. So he drove us halfway home and then I drove us the rest of the way. We got home around 11 and Luke was kind enough to burn a copy of all the pictures that we have taken over the course of this trip onto a CD for me. There were a lot of them. We took a lot of good pictures. I am going to miss him. I may even miss his crazy cat. . . .okay, well I may be exaggerating a bit on that one. So we headed to bed around midnight and then we were up at 4:30 so that we could get to the airport at 5:00. Oy. Luckily, it as not a full flight and there was no one sitting in the two seats next to me. I stretched out and was asleep before people had finished boarding. I didn't wake up until a few minutes before we landed. Kim was right on time and we talked as she drove me to where my car was at the airport. She gave me advice on Robert (which I may or may not take) and then she told me about her and Dave. Yeah, they're not splitting up after all. Surprise, surprise. So now, I'm about to take my Dad on his Father's Day lunch. Yay. I'm still oh, so tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home