My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Monday, June 06, 2005

Who knew people were so scared of a little videotape?

This weekend was a little crazy. Friday was quite busy at work, but I like that. Dwight and I made plans to do our interview on Sunday. I just wanted the day to end so that I can spend time with Robert. Rochelle decided to give everyone at work a nickname. Mine, apparently, is "Loud Tongue." Fabulous. I tried to work on getting time off for my trip in L.A. in July. It might be a little harder than I thought, but I'll work it out. I can't wait to go. I really can't wait to see Luke in a week and a half. I am so excited. After work, I went to the gym for a workout. Of course, this idiot tried flirting with me again, Really. . . back off. Then, I got a message from a old friend from elementary school who is having a party this Friday night where they sell sex toys and stuff. And apparently, it's just for couples. Sounds fun though. I'll see if Robert wants to go. Of course we still have to do his birthday surprise. I also got a call from Robert canceling our date. Apparently, he was really sick with some sort of virus or something. So I headed home and spent the rest of the night cleaning and preparing for Sunday's interview with Dwight. Fun Friday night.

Saturday was long and boring at work. It was so quiet and so dead. I hate working on Saturdays. After work, I decided to go shopping. I thought the Victoria's Secret semi-annual clearance sale had started in the stores already, but I was wrong. Oh well. I still wandered around since I had nothing better to do. The rest of my night was fairly uneventful. I did go to Wal-Mart and wander around there a bit, too. What better way to pass the time when you're bored? I didn't get a lot of sleep on Saturday, though. For some reason I was up at 7:30. Ouch.

Sunday was spent with more cleaning and even some cooking. I made lasagna for the first time in forever. It came out pretty well, too. Dwight came over for the interview and we got down to business. It was ineteresting. I think it could have gone better though. So I think I'm going to rope someone into doing another interview and seeing which one I like best. Dwight was interesting to talk to, though. And he stayed for quite a while after the interview and we talked about a lot of different things. Then I headed off to Robert's. I'll leave out the details, but the rest of my evening was extremely intense. And somehow he managed to get me to tell him what his birthday surprise was. I'm not even going to tell you how he got me to talk on that one. Today we had to wake up early because he had to go to a client's place. So we were up till 3:00 or 3:30 and awke at 9:30. So exhausted.

Today I decided to go spend the day at my uncle's pool. I was hangin out on a float in the middle of the pool and I fell asleep a couple of times. I was so tired. And I tried to find someone to do my second interview. I called one of my step-cousins, who said that he didn't want to do it because the questions would be "gay." What the hell does that mean? Then I called my cousin's boyfriend and he was afraid he would me an ass of himself on camera. Oy. He did say that he would do it if I couldn't find anyone else. Finally, another one of my step-cousins said that she would do it. Excellent. So I got some color today and I got someone else to do another interview. Good times, good times. And now I am still exhausted. So I will chill out a little and then hit the sack extra early.

2 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Making an ass of himself? Sounds like your family. ;)

I'm hoping to catch up on all this sleep we both have been missing before you come up here next week!

Call me. :)

June 07, 2005 9:37 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Haha. Very funny Luke. Good thinkg I didn't interview you. You wouldn't have made an ass of yourself at all, would you?

I will make sure that I am plenty rested when I come up and visit you, so you better do the same! And I did try to call you yesterday, but your voice mail picked up and I was too lazy to leave a message. I'll call you again later this week! Miss you tons.

June 07, 2005 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home