My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

McDonald's is evil

Here is my oh, so wonderful tip of the day: Never, ever, ever go to McDonald's when you're depressed and having a bad day. So yesterday I was hot (because Georgia sucks and it was literally 100 degrees outside) and I badly needed some cold comfort food (i.e. ice cream). So I decided to treat myself to a hot fudge sundae at McDonald's. I figured that at 330 calories and 9 grams of fat, it wasn't that much of a splurge, right? Bad idea. It was lunchtime. I had not eaten a real lunch yet. I was upset. Put all that together and what do you get? Yep. I decided to splurge on some good old fashioned greased. So I got a Quuarter Pounder with cheese and some fries as well. I knew I would regret it and regret it I did. I really need to stop this emotional eating. It's not good. I'm not even working out as much as I used to. I think that when I go down to Luke's, I'm going to use his elliptical trainer. I've never used one of those before. And I know that we will NOT be eating healthy. And there is no way I'm getting fat again. McDonald's is totally evil.

The rest of the day had me feeling guilty about this little splurge and work totally dragged by. I tried to call Robert when I got off work like he asked but he wasn't home, even though he did tell me he would be home all day working on his video thing for his friend. He also wasn't answering his cell phone. I didn't bother leaving a message. I tried to make up for my earlier McDonald's pig-out by getting a nice turkey sub on wheat bread at Subway to take to class. Nice and healthy. Much better. Class went very well. I presented my video interview to my class. Everyone said that I was one of the best that presented. One of my classmates even said that he would totally sign up to do therapy with me. And considering the fact that he actually does therapy for a living, that is quite a compliment. So that made me very happy.

After class, I did call Robert again because apparently he had called me (he didn't leave a message either). He couldn't get together. Big surprise. I was too drained and depressed to contribute much to the conversation. I was on my way to pick up the CD's that Alvin burned for me, so I hurried up and got off the phone. He told me to call him later, but I never did. I was just too exhausted and besides, he's too busy for me, right? Good news is that I found someone else to take me to the airport. Kim is going to do that. Yippee.

Today is going to be a beautiful and marvelous day. I can feel it. I went to Wal-Mart and bought my dad some deer corn for Father's Day (I know, I know. . . but that's what he wanted) and some other things). It's still really, really hot in Georgia and I only have to work 4 hours today, one of which will be spent in a team meeting. Woo-hoo! Today's horoscope says: "You're about to embark on a flight to a very new, very romantic destination, but unlike most airlines, you're not allowed to carry any baggage -- emotional or otherwise -- on board with you." Well, I don't know how romantic Rochester is, but I'm going to try to leave all my baggage here in Georgia where it belongs. Good luck to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

CinCin!

That was a geat post! One of your best. I laughed out loud. Ashley is scared now.

I love the horoscope. How did it know that we're going to a very romantic place tomorrow??

And right on with the unhealthy food! We're gonna eat tasty food (but of the small quantity variety)!

Looking forward to picking you up in a couple hours. See you soon.

Luke

June 15, 2005 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home