My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

But I don't want to go back to work. . .

So Saturday, I spent the evening at my grandmother's baking a chocolate cake. It was her recipe and she said that it was so simple that even I couldn't screw it up. Turns out she was right. I did check out the message boards online and asked someone how to say Happy Birthday in German. A very nice lady replied back right away with a couple of examples of different things that people put on cakes. She even gave me websites with pictures of German cakes with the expressions on them. The most common one was one that meant, "All the best on your birthday." Since the cake was big enough, it did fit on the cake. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see Robert that night because he was helping his friend (who's in a wheelchair) install something in his van or something. So I just went home, studied and slept.

The next day promised to be sunny (at first), which was good since Robert and I were planning on going boating. I called Robert and he asked me to pick up a few things at Wal-Mart because I had to go by there before I went to his place anyway. We were planning on taking lots of food on the boat. By the time I got out of Wal-Mart, though, it was raining. Uh-oh. I still went to Robert's, we loaded up the stuff anyway and off we went. It actually was just drizzling a little when we left and by the time we got to the lake, it had stopped raining and had warmed up. Boating was fun. I even steered a little bit. Of course, it did rain off and on while we were out there. But just some sprinkles. It was a little chilly though. It was nice and secluded out there on the lake. We had a lot of privacy, which we enjoyed. After boating, I went with him to Atlanta to feed some cats for a friend of his that was out of town. Then we went to this bakery that I didn't even know existed and he bought me dessert. How sweet. The cheesecake was sooo good. Then it was home and bed.

So I spent Monday morning with Robert and even though it was his birthday, he had to go finish the work on his friend's van. Then, apparently his immigration lawyer wanted to take him out to dinner for his birthday or something. Should I believe that? Anyway, he said it shouldn't take too long and he would call me when he was done and we could hang out for the rest of his birthday. So I went home and studied and cleaned and stuff. I also hung out with my sister and my nephew for a but. My nephew has gotten so big. He is so adorable. Of course Robert didn't call me till late. Whatever. I wanted to do something he had wanted to do a while ago as a surprise, but it was too late. So he invited me back to his place and I gave him his cake. He loved it and was very impressed that I had found that German expression. I'm glad I made him happy. Let's just say the evening ended on a very happy note. Happy Birthday Robert. Hehe.

Today, I woke up at 5:15 and immediately decided to call into work. I was way too tired and did not feel like going in. So I called my boss and crawled back into bed with Robert. I fell back asleep, but kept waking up because of the birds outside and his cats too, of course. His cats always come crawling all over him in the morning when it's feeding time and this morning, they were crawling all over me, too. Robert and I ended up sleeping in till 11:00, but didn't get out of bed till nearly noon. Ahhh. . . mornings with Robert are so nice. Then I went home to study and then to class to take my midterm. I think the midterm went okay, but it's hard to tell. It was really long and consisted strictly of essay questions. I hate those. Then I went to work out. I made this one a short one because I am really sore for some reason. I have to start working out a lot more. I just found out that I've gained 2 1/2 pounds or something and I have to lose them. I would like to be under 130 again. That would be nice. Right now I am so very tired, even though I got about nine hours of sleep last night. I need sleep, but alas it must wait until my laundry is done.

2 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Sounds like Robert had a great birthday. :)

Don't get too skinny, I wanna be able to hug you without breaking you in 2 weeks.

June 01, 2005 9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

feel free to come on by and check the **big and tall**Blog/site

October 12, 2005 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home