My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Saturday, May 28, 2005

The Beginning of what promises to be a fabulous Memorial Day Weekend. . .

So yesterday was kind of uneventful. Work was busy, but good. After work, traffic was crazy. . . as usual. Of course, the idiot was still on top of the crane. Seriously, that's like 47 hours now or something. I don't know. Just push him off already. Jeesh. I know, I know. I'm so empathetic. Whatever. My tax dollars are paying to have those police officers out there trying to coax him down. Anyway, I called Robert again and left a message. Told him to keep his birthday free for me. Why wasn't he calling me back? Then I went to the gym and had a great workout. Did cardio, weights, and 155 crunches. Excellent. Last time I did that many, my abs were sore for four days. That's not the case this time. Good deal. Of course, this guy at the gym tried to make me feel guilty because I haven't been there that often lately. Whatever. I know, I've been slacking off a little since Robert. I haven't been as regular with my workouts. I really have to watch that. But I think this guy is just trying to flirt with me and I just want him to back off.

Then I went home and actually got a little studying done and went to bed at 10:30 because I was exhausted and still. . . no word from Robert. However, my phone does wake me up at midnight. He asks if I'm in bed already and I'm like. . . Hello?? It is midnight, right? I'm not dreaming about the time? But I can tell that something is bothering him and that he wants to talk so of course it's not a bad time. What are girlfriends for, right? Besides, I wouldn't have minded Kim or Seth calling at that time if something were bothering them either . He starts telling me about his back surgery and the risks and he sounds really nervous about it. He said that's the reason he hasn't gotten back to me. He's been just researching the surgery options and trying to think and stuff. He's not even completely sure if he's going to do it. I tried to comfort him as best I could, but I'm not sure I helped. I hope I did. I am really worried for him. I do care about him, so I don;t want anything to happen of course. I don't want him to need surgery period. I tell him that nothing may go wrong at all, but of course there are no guarantees. Anyway, he asked if I wanted to go boating on Sunday because he needs to relax and take his mind off things. Can't blame him. He also does want to spend Monday with me as well. So today I'm going to bake a cake with my grandmother and then go over to his place and spend the weekend with him. Hopefully, I can help take his mind off of everything. I'll do my best.

But right now I'm at work and for the next two hours I am completely by myself on the phones. That's because someone had the brilliant idea of giving one of my coworkers every Saturday in June off. Luckily, one of my other coworkers volunteered to come in two hours early for those Saturdays. Otherwise, I would be on my own for four hours and wouldn't be getting any kind of break during that time. Better go get some work done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Have a great weekend! Stay safe.

May 28, 2005 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home