My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Friday, June 17, 2005

Another day filled with oh so much food. . . and beautiful pictures of me!

Last night I awoke after an hour long nap to Luke yelling at me to get my ass out of bed because we had stuff to do. What the hell? I thought this was vacation. Whatever. I just went with the flow. So we went to the dollar theater to see Robots, which was pretty funny. And then we went to Golden Port, which I had been dying to eat at since the moment I had stepped off the plane. It was everything I remembered and more. We stuffed ourselves silly. I had some old favorites and tried some new things as well and it was great. Too bad Wayne can't do Dim Sum in Georgia. **Sigh** Oh well. Then we went home and watched Closer, which Luke had on DVD. I had been wantng to see that for a while. It was basically just a bunch of people talking about sex for two hours. Mmmm. . . my kind of movie. Of course there was also a lot of screaming and a lot of crying. . . . followed by some more sex. Actually, it was a weird movie and I'm kind of glad I didn't spend $8 seeing it in the theatres. After all of that, we slept.

Today we woke up and Luke went to his dentist appointment while I made myself beautiful. Of course, I'm naturally gorgeous but hey, I want to look extra special for Luke, right? :) When he got back, I was just finishing up the "beautification" process. I packed Luke's lunch pail with some snacks for the long road trip to Elmira later. I mean, we may get lost and we would hate to have to snack on each other. Apparently, I don't have the good kind of fat on my bones any more. . . just the bad kind. Oh well. And then we were off for the day's adventure. We headed to this Italian bakery for some pastries to sustain us on the oh, so long drive to the zoo. They were delicious and very messy. I ended up with white stuff all over me (sugar), but we all know how I love that. :) Then we went to the zoo and saw so many adorable animals. Luke, of course, took a lot of very good pictures of me. I was especially photogenic today and just about all the pictures of me looked great, so I was happy. Luke looked great in all the pictures as well. Also, he was videoing the elephants and I said "WOAH" in the middle of it again. Hey, it's tradition, right?

After the zoo, it was off to the wonderful world of Target where I was able to buy my dad a Father's Day card and pee for the 10th time. I swear, m bladder is the size of a peanut this weekend. Then, we ate Mexican at the real Mexican restaurant that Luke managed to find in Rochester. We ate giant burritos that were soooo good. Of course it still isn't as good as the restaurant that I love and go to in Atlanta, but whatever. We had no room to try Abbott's custard because we were soooo full, so we headed home so Luke could change and I could wash my face and use the bathroom two more times in thee span of fifteen minutes. Now we are on our way to Jake's rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. It'll be nice to see him again. Okay, so I'm exaggerating a little. Gotta go for now. Almost there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home