My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Drowning in a sea of responsibilities

So last night I met up and had dinner with a friend that I used to work with. We hadn't seen each other in a year. She hasn't seen me since I've lost my 50 pounds. She said I looked like a new person. She also said I should cut my hair. I think I'm starting to agree. I sent Robert a text message and he never responded. Big surprise. I don't like this whole relationship thing. It's icky. That's right. I said icky. I went to bed early. 8:30. I woke up around 3:30 and tossed and turned for another 2 hours till my alarm went off. I had a dream that Luke text messaged me though. Weird.

I woke up all kinds of irritable. Robert had called me two days ago and told me that he wanted to go to my friend's party on Friday, but somehow I doubt he'll go. I have a million things to do before my trip to Rochester next week, which I am so looking forward to. Maybe a few days out of town will help clear my head. Actually, time with Luke usually makes my head even cloudier. Whatever.

Things to do:

1) shopping with Kim
2) interview for class
3) write report for interview
4) buy Father's Day gift
5) pack for Rochester
6) burn CD's for plane ride
7) balance checkbook

I'm sure there are other things, but I can't think of them now. But I am happy about the fact that I got a perfect score on my midterm in class. That's right. . . a 100. Also, I had a meeting with my boss and apparently I am going to be teleworking (working from home) in one month! You know what that means, right? No more getting up at 5:30 Tuesday through Saturday to deal with rush hour traffic in Atlanta. How much will I save on gas? A LOT. Not to mention oil changes. Of course I will still have to drive to Atlanta twice a week for class, but that's nothing. I can do that. That news really brightened my day. I still feel a little irritable, but I'll deal. I still have to work out my vacation plans for Rochester in July, too. I'm a little sick of people right now, I think. So don't expect to talk to me today. I'll call Robert tonight to let him know what time the party is tomorrow. Of course I expect to get his voice mail. And if he actually calls me back, I might just do the unthinkable and let my voice mail pick up. I really don't feel like talking to anyone tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Awww.. don't stress out.

And I would NEVER textmessage you. Why you dreamin' of me again!?? Don't give Robert more reasons to suspect us!

Don't ya hate it when you have a million things to do before a trip? Just get through them one at a time.. :)

I'm looking forward to taking 5 days in a row off. I've got a ton of stuff for us to do!

June 09, 2005 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home