My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Ahhh. . . back in Rochester again. Sweet

So yesterday at work passed by rather quickly. I paid some bills while I was there (had to get those out of the way before I left town) and I caught up on some stuff that I needed to do before I headed off on my great adventure. We had a team meeting that was actually kind of boring. Luckily, I got to leave before it was over. My day ended at 4:00 on the dot and the meeting wasn't supposed to end until 4:30. Hey, any other day I would be happy to stay overtime for it but I had a plane to catch. So I headed down to my dad's UPS store so that we could fight Atlanta traffic to go to the airport. Seriously, Atlanta traffic sucks. But we made it there and then I got to spend half an hour hunting down Chick-fil-A because I forgot which gate they were at and I wanted to surprise Luke with a sandwich. Eventually, I had to call my own company to get the number to the restaurant and find out where they were at. I swear, I hope Luke appreciates all the trouble I went to in order to get him a damn sandwich. For me, I went to the Atlanta Bread Company though. Hey, I eat Chick-fil-A just about every damn day. Don't judge me, okay? Of course my plane was delayed for about half an hour dammit. Can't Air Tran do anything right? I just wanted to get the hell out of Georgia. The plane ride seemed long, I was cramped and I was ready to be in Rochester.

I really should have put on lipstick. I should have known that the second Luke saw me he would be snapping pictures. He snapped three of them in the span of thirty seconds. Craziness. . . and there was no way I could prepare for it. It was great to see him though. He looks so much younger with his braces and he looks thinner too. Rochester looks the same though. Of course I look hotter than when I was here last. :) We went back to Luke's place and just hung out for a few hours laughing and talking. Of course Luke did spend one of those hours completely ignoring me for some work he had to do online. Bad, bad host. :) Then it was nighty night.

Today we woke up and discovered that it was raining. Luke was a little bummed since he had planned this great picnic at Letchworth Park. Whatever. . . where is his sense of adventure?? I love picnics in the rain. Or. . . maybe not. Hehe. But we packed up Jake's mother of all picniic baskets with the mother of all subs, among many other items, and we set out on our journey. We took so many pictures and saw so many wonderful views. It was fabulous. It was raining a little while we were taking the pictures and looking at the views, but luckily the rain stopped long enough for us to sit on a blanket near one of the falls and enjoy our feast. . . and I do mean feast. There was much food and sparkling conversation and even some more picture taking. Ahhh. . . good times. It almost allowed me to forget about whats-his name. As much as I may want to, I will not call him. Someone may have to stop me though. But I think this break away from EVERYONE is just what I need. Today was a very relaxing day indeed. Anyway, after the picnic, we went to look at a few more overlooks and then headed back to civilization. . . .which I guess would be Rochester. And now we're home and Luke is napping. And later we'll go to Golden Port. Mmmm. . . . :)

Oh, and I got an e-mail from Kim. Apparently, her and Dave are splitting up. . . AGAIN and she's moving into a place of her own. Sure, I'll believe that when I see it. And she wants to go see the Backstreet Boys. What is a good way to tell her that they are soooo over?? Oh well, I think I'll go take a nap with Luke. All this blog writing has made me tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home