My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Can we slow down a little please?

So last night was predictable. . . Robert couldn't get together. He had to do his taxes or something. At first, it was because he might have to do something with a friend. But then it was because he had to get his taxes done. Okay, so whatever. He said he would call me later. I wasn't really going to hold my breath for that one. Good thing because he never did. I really have to reread that book "He's not that into you." Good book. Good advice, I think. Oh well. I watched the American Idol finale. Carrie won. I knew she would, even though I kind of hoped Bo would. I like them both, though. I know they'll both get recording contracts. And because I was pretty positive Robert would not call, I went to bed immediately after American Idol. I was exhausted.

Anyway, yesterday Shaina (one of my coworkers) said something interesting. . . or funny or stupid or whatever you want to call it. Dwight (another one of my coworkers) and I were discussing a really stupid ignorant caller that had called the line earlier. Apparently, this guy felt that Chick-fil-A should not hire anyone who is not American (even if they are legal) because they do not deserve jobs. I made the comment that I had decided to not even raise children in this country because this country was so messed up. And then Shaina made the comment, "Well, you better hurry up because your boyfriend doesn't have very much time." I was drinking water when she made that comment and I swear, I almost spit it out from laughing. I told her that we have only we been dating for 3 1/2 months and could we slow it down a little. And who said I was having children with this guy? It's like when you're dating someone, everyone assumes that the next logical step is marriage and babies, even if you've barely been going out! And ever since my friend's sister asked me when I'm going to get married, I feel like everyone is judging me because I'm still single or something. Believe it or not, I am not ready for marriage right now. Nor am I ready for children. If I met the right guy, sure. But I don't think Robert is that guy. We've only been together 3 months for crying out loud and I don't even want to think about where we're going to be in another three months. So everyone can just back off with the baby and marriage talk. It's not happening anytime soon, okay?? Okay.

With that being said. . . I am very happy to report that I am thisclose to having most of my credit cards being paid off. Of course that is one of my goals on my list of things to accomplish in my lifetime. I can't wait for class tonight. It will cheer me up. I like class. Nerdy, I know. But it will get my mind off things. Mental note: call Robert tomorrow and let him know that I do have plans for his birthday on Monday so he should keep that day open.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Oh cheer up.. not everyone is getting married.. you, Dos and I won't be married for at least another decade. No rush!

May 26, 2005 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home