My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Monday, June 20, 2005

I need a drink

Well yesterday's Father's Day lunch was very long and very tedious. Yeah, I know. Some Father's Day. It was pretty much an hour of my sister talking about herself and her stupid life. Whatever. Some things never change. I needed a drink to get through lunch. No, I'm serious. But I was paying, so who really cared? We went to Red Lobster and the food was really good. I hadn't eaten there in a really long time. It was expensive, but it was Father's Day and I could afford it. And Dad deserved it after all. Of course I paid for my sister's meal too. I mean, she has no money. After lunch, we went back to my sister's place to open gifts. Of course my mom was there, but I've learned to be civil. I had fun playing with my nephew for a few hours. My dad and I took turns playing with him and we took turns holding the video camera and we got some great footage. My nephew is so adorable. I'm just curious as to how my sister is going to screw him up. Time will tell.

After the baby started getting fussy, Dad and I split, and I went home to do homework and wait for Robert to call. I had left him a voice mail earlier telling him that I was back in town and asking if he wanted to get together. He text messaged me pretty soon after that and said that he would call me later because he was with a client and was working. I knew which client he was referring to and knew that when he was with her, he could sometimes get done pretty late. I wasn't going to get my hopes up that I was going to see him that night. So I went home and worked on a report for my video interview for class that was due on Tuesday and also did some unpacking and cleaning.

Robert actually did call me around 10:30 and wanted to see me. Of course he had to get up early the next morning to go back to work. I headed over to his house and we did have fun hanging out for a few hours. Then he got a call around 1:00 in the morning. Apparently, a friend of his had an accident on his dirt bike on a major highway and they needed Robert's help to get the bike. Luckily, the guy only had a few broken bones. But alas, I had to go home late at night. But Robert actually seemed worried about me because he knew I was tired and he wanted me to call him when I got home to let him know I got home okay. How sweet. I went home, did as I was told. and crashed.

Today was a pretty lazy and relaxing day. I worked on some more school stuff and watched some mindless daytime TV. I also checked on prices for plane tickets for the L.A. trip and tried to coordinate my schedule with Luke. I'm going to buy my tickets later this week. I'm so excited. I hope Robert doesn't mind that Luke and I will be sharing a hotel room. I joked around with him last night and told him that something had happened between Luke and me. I told Robert that I was kidding, but for a second it was as if Robert didn't believe me and like he might not be sure. I'm sure I convinced him though. I swear. Men are so weird. I am really going to hate going back to work tomorrow. It's back to setting the alarm for 5:15. Yay.

4 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

You went home and crashed!? My god, are you ok?? ;)

Poor Robert.. so jealous.. if he wasn't like 60 I would feel sorry for him. Haha.

Ashley misses you.

June 21, 2005 8:42 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Yes, I am okay. My crash was not nearly as bad as some of my car crashes have been, but thank you for your concern.

And my boyfriend is not 60. . . and there's no need to feel sorry for him anyway. He has me, doesn't he? Therefore you should envy him. :)

As crazy as your cat is, I miss her too. I hope she hasn't killed Cindy the bird yet.

June 21, 2005 12:06 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

Cindy the bird is spending an awful lot of time on the phone talking to 'clients'. What did you teach her while you were here, anyway? Poor Willy is getting lonely.

June 22, 2005 12:13 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Hey, I can't help it if Cindy the bird takes after me. I just showed her all my best tricks. Well. . . not all of them. Those I save for Robert. :) And if Willy's getting lonely, then maybe his owner should spend a little bit more time with him, hmmmm???

June 23, 2005 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home