My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Happy 200th!

Today is my 200th post. Woo-hoo! Happy birthday to my blog. Today is also voting day. I almost feel guilty that I am not voting. Maybe I should have paid attention to the candidates more, but I just see all the stupid commercials where they are all bashing each other. I feel guilty for not voting because I know that a lot of women have died so that women could have the right to vote. It's not a right that we were born with. We had to fight for it. But I don't think my female ancestors knew that politicians would get this bad. I don't even like either party. I can't stand any of the policies of the Republican party and the Democrats seem to wishy-washy. I would like to vote Libertarian, but what's the point? It's not like they will ever come to power anyway. Yech.

Other than that, there's not a whole lot going on in my life right now. I know, exciting 200th post, right? Boy Wonder is out of town again this week and I miss him like crazy. He did send me a very sweet "love letter" by email last night that made me do the girl thing and saw "Awww. . . " Dammit, I hate it when he makes me do that. Being with him has turned me into such a girl. He'll be back Thursday night and I will see him on Friday. Then all will be right with the world again.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should feel guilty for not voting. bad girl!

Laura

November 07, 2006 10:03 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

Cute cute cute... the letter, not the voting.

November 09, 2006 5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...where are you??

November 15, 2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

I guess you've never heard of Monroe, the wonderfully backwards, ignorant, conservative town that I live in. It's about an hour north of Atlanta. I do spend a lot of time in Atlanta traffic, which does not help with my anger problems. If I didn't love my boyfriend so much, I wouldn't have to deal with it at 5:00 this afternoon.

November 15, 2006 11:09 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Come back to us! Post! :)

November 26, 2006 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home