My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Sunday, May 28, 2006

A new car and a new baby

The new car is mine, but not the baby. Ha. Please. Did you really think that? I got a new (used) car and it's great. Hopefully, my bad voodoo will not transfer to this car and I will keep it for a long time. Think good thoughts. It's a 2005 Dodge Neon and I got a great deal on it. And on the advice of Suze Orman, I shopped around for financing beforehand and Capital One offered me a great interest rate. . . a far better one than the dealership would have offered me. Capital One just sent me a blank check and I was good to go. It was so easy. Almost too easy, really. But I love my new car.

My sister had her baby this morning. . . a baby girl. So now I have a niece as well as a nephew. I haven't had a chance to go see her though. Stupid me thought that I was actually going to have a decent work schedule this weekend. Ha. Stupid me forgot that I signed myself up to work a double shift at the shelter today. I had planned to go to the hospital with my grandmother after my shift ended at 3. Then one of the residents asked me if I was working a double. Of course I replied that I wasn't. Then she wanted to know who was coming in at 3 to replace me. So I looked at the calendar to see and I'm like, "Yeah. . . I guess I'm sticking around a little longer than I thought." Silliness. Oh well. I can always go see her tomorrow. I'm off tomorrow anyway since it's Memorial Day. And I don't have class. . . and I'm going to the Rob Thomas concert tomorrow night. Woo-hoo! So I guess I'll go see my new niece sometime tomorrow. Her name is Abigail, by the way. Of course, my sister will insist on calling her Abby. Why do parents do that? So stupid. Why not just put Abby on her birth certificate if that's what you're going to call her? I may just call her Abigail for spite. Hehe.

My stupid, stupid, stupid TiVO. Yes, I am insulting the greatest invention since sliced bread. Somehow, my TiVO (or maybe me, I refuse to say for sure) lost the 2 hour season finale of Grey's Anatomy! I know that it recorded, but somehow it deleted itself. Yeah, I know how crazy it sounds. And I've been trying to see how I can get those two hours back. Of course, there are still three episodes of the season that I haven't watched, but what happens when I watch them? I'm going to be at a loss because there will be no season finale. They aren't releasing season 2 of Grey's Anatomy on DVD until September 12th and that may or may not be in time for the 3rd season. If it's before the 3rd season, then great. I can get it from Netflix. If not, then there is no way I can watch season 3 without knowing what happened on season 2. I know, I know. I'm so freaky that way. I tried to download the program that Luke has in order to get TV shows off the Internet. I have the program and I was so close to being able to download those last two episodes. But apparently I have a stupid firewall on my router and I have to reconfigure my whole router. The whole process is so stupid and complicated that I just gave up. . . for now. So I'm hoping for reruns (which won't happen for months anyway, if at all) or I'll just wait for September for Netflix. It will be torture though. In the meantime, for all you Grey's Anatomy fans out there. . . do NOT spoil it for me. I mean it! I don't want to know anything that happens.

3 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Oh you silly girl.. I'll mail you a DVD with the final episode. You should just ask. :)

May 30, 2006 2:26 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Hey, I don't want to just use you for your DVD's. Your hot body yes, but not your DVD's. :) Thank you so much though!!! I really do appreciate it. I think the season finale is split up into two different episodes on torrent since it was two hours. I had tried to download them, but then there was than damn router problem. Hehe. Yay! Now I won't have to wait until September to find out what happens. You are the absolute best.

May 31, 2006 2:10 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

There are 2 files plus a 3rd which may be a review/clips episode.

June 01, 2006 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home