My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Friday, May 12, 2006

Crazy Week

I know I haven't blogged since I returned from my trip, but it's been a little crazy this week. I guess it's a little harder than I thought it would be getting back into the swing of things after a nice, long ten day vacation. Immediately upon my return, I had to deal with bills, school, work, and endless other responsibilities that had piled up while I was gone. I have also been detoxing foodwise. Believe it or not, my stomach was upset a lot of the time I was in SF and I think it was because of all the heavy junk food. I was eating healthy for the past few days and my stomach was feeling better. Then I had a craving for McDonald's last night and I got sick again. Seriously, my stomach hates me right now so I have to be careful. I have been in the process of organizing the pictures from my trip. I will probably post some tomorrow so that you guys can see how amazing my trip really was. I did come back from my trip energized and refreshed, so that was something. I needed the relaxation, that's for sure. What's really weird is that I turned 26 during the course of my trip. I don't feel any older. I actually turned 26 the day I left the Bahamas. I didn't mention it in my last blog entry because I actually forgot. Can you believe it? Maybe it was all the fresh air and sunshine that made me just forget everything. I didn't remember until I woke up the next morning and Kim is giving me birthday wishes and a present. Sure, I appreciated the gift, but my primary thought was, "Great, one more thing I have to struggle to pack with all my other Bahamas souvenirs." Hehe. All the people in the airport did keep wishing me a Happy Birthday. When I was in Atlanta and checking in for my flight to SF, the guy at the ticket counter offered to sing to me. I should have taken him up on it. Of course, I wish he would have offered me a free business class upgrade. That would have been nice. Hehe.

Okay, so the night before I left for my trip was not good at all. I was in a car accident. Oy. I have actually been in several in my lifetime (too many to count). My driving has actually gotten better if you can believe it. Technically, I didn't get in a car accident because I was a bad driver. I fell asleep at the wheel. Yeah, I'm not kidding. One minute, I was trying to keep myself awake with the air conditioning and the radio and literally, the very next minute I was on the side of the road. I didn't even realize I had hit another car at first because I did not feel the impact at all. It was very scary to just fall asleep like that. Luckily, no one was hurt. The cops thought I was drunk. It was a clear sign that I need to take better care of myself and start getting more sleep. Seth got mad at me when he heard. He's been worried about me anyway because he thinks I'm pushing myself too hard and now he's upset because this is proof and I could have been killed. Anyway, I've been trying to deal with my car stuff this week. I didn't think the damage was that bad, but apparently my car is totaled. I'm thinking that I don't have time to look for another car, which is ironic since I should be making more time for myself anyway. Luckily, I did have gap insurance so I'm not going to have to worry about losing money on my car or anything. And I'm going to try to find something a little cheaper so that my car payments are lower. Maybe if I save myself some money, I won't feel that I need to push myself as hard with my jobs. We'll see what happens.

So that's been my week so far. That, and classes and work. There has been other stuff, but I'm actually still a little upset over it so I don't really want to discuss it right now. I'll save that for another entry. Next week, I actually leave (again!), but this will be a mini-vacation to see my good friend, Luke. I'm really looking forward to it. Of course, I just finished unpacking last night so really do I have to pack again? Seriously. I'll just buy a new wardrobe when I get to Rochester. Hehe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

oh my god oh my god !

I'm shocked you were in an accident. :(

See you tomorrow! We'll go for driving lessons!

May 15, 2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

OMG! I'm sorry too, to hear about your stresses (whatever they may be) as well as your accident. Girlfriend, you ABSOLUTELY better take some good care of yourself and stay safe!!

Have fun with Luke! From the sounds of it, you guys always have fun & adventures!

May 18, 2006 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home