My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Murder. . . or suicide?

I killed a bird today. Or rather, my car did. I was driving along minding my own business (singing along to the Rent soundtrack of course) and these birds flew across the road. I didn't really slow down because I figured they would scurry in mock terror to their homes in the sky. Not for one sad little fellow though. He flew really low and I didn't have time to stop, so I just heard this little thud and in my mirror I could see a stream of feathers in my dust. On one hand, I feel really guilty. On the other hand, I was thinking "Damn stupid bird. Why didn't you get the hell out of my way?" I thought there was some unwritten law that stated all birds should get out of the way of automobiles and we automatically have the right of way. I choose to believe the bird committed suicide. Seriously, it's like he flew right into my car and wasn't even trying to avoid it. Stupid bird.

4 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

The problem was, you were in a bird sanctuary!

March 06, 2006 9:29 AM  
Blogger Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

Awesome! I'm gonna try it.

March 08, 2006 2:05 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

My husband had a bird do that also. All he saw was feathers. The bird wasn't paying attention though, because the bird was in the act of procreation.

The other bird made it.

March 11, 2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Ha! See that's what sex does. It gets you killed. Poor, dumb bird. :)

March 11, 2006 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home