My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Friday, March 10, 2006

Let the good times roll

I am feeling so good lately. Even my migraines have eased off a bit. I think it may be the fact that I am eating a lot better and exercising more. I am trying to work up to 2 hours a day (like I used to do), but I'm still exercising at least an hour every day. I have so much energy. I managed to make it through my overnight shift and even though I only got a total of three hours sleep before working for my dad, I still felt refreshed the entire day. There wasn't even a need for a nap before my evening Spanish class like I thought there would be. I think that energy level is probably due to my better diet. It's expensive eating healthy, though. I did go out and purchase fruits and vegetables (the fruit is fresh as are some of the vegetables and I bought some frozen vegetables as well). I also purchased lots of different alternatives for healthy breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks. I need variety because otherwise I get bored. I had forgotten how good healthy food can be if you are just a little creative and take a little extra time. It can take a lot of time and even some extra expense, but it is worth it. I'm sure the second I publish this post, I'll get another migraine though. I'm totally jinxing myself dammit.

I booked a flight out to see Luke the other day. I'm going out the third week of May. Yay! It's a good thing I booked my flight while Airtran was having their sale. I bought tickets when they were $89 each way. Now, the price has shot up to $134 each way. Yikes. I'm totally excited (mainly just about eating at Golden Port again). Luke's got several things planned for us and they all sound so great. Who knew there was a Jello museum up there? I was there for two years and had no idea. I think we may even go to Niagra Falls and that will be a blast. I have only been there once (with my family just after graduation) and it was raining most of the time, so we didn't walk around as much as we would have. I do have a picture of myself in a poncho though. Yeah, not a pretty sight. But then again, who looks good in a poncho?

Kim and I booked our flights for our trip. I ended up having to pay the way for one of the flights, but I still used a voucher as well. I have more free vouchers left so I can use those for a free trip to L.A. later this year or next year even. I'm so excited about my trip. I'm probably going to be talking about it constantly for the next month or so, so I apologize in advance. I'm just excited about taking a vacation. . . a nice one, too.

And I can't forget to mention that Rent is coming to Georgia! Yay! I love that movie and can't wait to see the play.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

I would be excited about vacation too! I will talk about going to CA a lot, so I don't mind reading about your trip.

Healthy eating is better than junk eating and cheaper in the long run. Think of all the money you save on medical bills because you are healthy. :)

Glad the migraines are better. Go away, migraines and don't come back another day.

March 11, 2006 3:26 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

J-E-L-L-...O!

March 13, 2006 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home