My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

The curse of the migraine

Not a whole lot of people can understand what migraines are or how disruptive they can be to you and everyone around you. Unless you get them, you can't understand. Anyway, I found a funny thing on the internet quite a while ago. I don't recall who I stole it from, so if you're reading this I apologize in advance for stealing your work. I thought that my fellow migraine sufferers (you know who you are) might get a kick out of this.

My theory on migraine diagnosis:

"Migraine" means "we don't know what is wrong with you". Further diagnosis
flows from there:

Common Migraine: The most common form of "we don't
know what's wrong with you."

Classical Migraine: "We don't know what's wrong with
you and you have hallucinations too. (We don't know
why.)"

Migraine Variant: You have some variation of "we don't
know what's wrong with you."

Basilar Artery Migraine: "We don't know what's wrong
with you and we don't know what's wrong with your
Basilar Artery either".

Hormonal Migraine: "We don't know what's wrong with
you but you are a woman."


By the way, I happen to have the Basilar Artery migraine. I just got a kick out of that one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

I had a coworker who got ocular migraines. She would have little floaty things in front of her eyes.

Would that be:

Ocular Migraine: We don't know what is wrong with your eyes, but just be glad it isn't in your head?

I hope you don't have migraines for a while. I don't get them, but I understand they are not fun.

March 10, 2006 9:38 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Ha! That's a good one Linda. I never even heard of that type of migraine, but that sounds like an adequate description. I guess the point is that no one has any idea what is wrong with you if you're diagnosed with migraines. Oy.

March 10, 2006 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home