My Photo
Name:
Location: Naples, Italy

Living in Italy with my husband, who is a civilian employee of the US Navy. I am addicted to books!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Procrastination

I am using this blog post as an excuse not to do what I know I should be doing. Sorry, but my mind is a total and utter blank right now and I figured that I would ramble to my faithful audience out there. I apologize in advance.

I'm trying to work on my paper that I have to do for my Ethics class. The paper is due on the 6th. I know that I still have time, but I would like to get a rough draft done. Plus, our midterm is next Wednesday so I have to study for that. My professor is going to be such a stickler for the technical things. He's already said that. I know I'm going to be worried about the placement of every comma, period, noun, adverb, etc. He's big on grammar. Ordinarily, I think my grammar isn't that bad. But to have someone who edits for a living look at it? Yeah, you see my dilemma. He's the editor of a Psychology journal so it's his job to pick apart mistakes like that. I'm kind of in the middle of a writer's block right now. I did manage to do some research and I have a lot of articles that I'm sure I can use. I also have my introduction done. Well. . . kind of. I have half a page done and when I say it's a rough draft, I mean that it's rough. No matter how rough of a draft it is, I would like to get the rough draft done this week. It's kind of hard when my topic isn't even coming together and I'm not even sure what I want to say. I'm sure it will come together eventually. It always does. I am glad that I will have my paper out of the way by the time Luke comes. However, I will have a cumulative final in my class the day that he leaves. Oy. I'll just have to study really hard before he gets here.

I got a call today from the volunteer director of the shelter. She said that our Annual Hearts with Hope gala is coming up soon. It's a big black-tie fundraiser for PADV (Partnership Against Domestic Violence). She said that they choose volunteers that they want to help out with the event and they want me to help. That made me feel really good. I'll help out with the fundraising and I get to go to a fancy party. Woo-hoo! The gala is on the 11th and that is the same night as the Bitter Ball. The Bitter Ball is this singles-only party that is given by a radio station every year at a nightclub in Atlanta. Kim and I were planning to go this year. I'm hoping that the Bitter Ball doesn't start until late. If so, then we could possibly do both. I just couldn't say no to helping out with this event. I can't even believe that they asked me since I haven't really been there that long. I think it will be fun, though.

Okay, I think that's enough rambling for now. I really should go back to my work for class. Work on the paper or study for the midterm. . . whatever, as long as I do something.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

The parties will be fun. It's always nice to get the chance to dress up and go out.

That would be great if you could take a look at my paper. I will be using APA style. Even if you're not an expert, it will be good to have someone look it over for grammatical mistakes. I will send it to you when I get done. Thanks!

January 25, 2006 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home